Chapter Six: Meeting Mom's Boyfriend.

Well, i'm a little nervous to meet my moms boyfriend. While my mom is getting ready I remember that I asked to look at the pictures of my baby brother and sister. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I was really scared to see the pictures. I slowly picked up the blue baby book and flip to the back of the book. They was pictures of him in a cute green and yellow outfit. The outfit had little frogs and ducks on it. It was the cutest outfit I have ever seen. He really did look like my dad. A lot! He had the long curly brown hair and his nose. I felt a tear rolling down my left cheek. I put that book down and picked up the other pink baby book.

Could I handle seeing her? I don't know. I slowly open the book and flip to the back of the book. I instantly start crying. She was so little, you could barely tell who she would look like. She was in a purple outfit with flowers all over it. Before I realize that I have my face burried into my hands, i'm getting pulled into a warm hug.

I look up to see my mom sitting beside me and i'm in her arms. I hug her back as I see tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I don't know how you do it. I would've lost it losing the first baby. I am so sorry mom!" I cry looking up at her. "Honey, the only reason I didn't lose it is because I knew I would always have you." My mom replied wiping my tears. I just smiled. "You will always have me. I'm not going anywhere." I smiled. "I just came out here to tell you that Michael stopped at the store to get something." "Is that your boyfriend's name?" I ask. My mom nods her head smiling. "Okay, well enough of this crying you have to finish getting ready." I smiled standing up. "You're right. Will you help me find something to wear?" My mom asked looking down at her brown kapris, and her yellow duck shirt. "Yes, of course!" I smiled.

By the time my mom was done getting ready we heard a knock at the door. "That's him." My mom said nervously. "You look great." I smiled. My mom was wearing a red shirt with kissy lips on it that said "KISS ME." and she was wearing black skinny jeans, and to top it off she was wearing my black wedges. She looked amazing!

We both walk to the door. My mom took a deep breath and opened the door. Michael was very nice looking. He had golden brown eyes, light brown hair, and he had a dozen red roses. I'm guessing for my mom.

"Hello beautiful." Michael said smiling. "These are for you." He added. His voice is deep and raspy. He doesn't look very old. "Hello Michael, and thank you." My mom smiled taking the flowers. "They are beautiful." My mom added. They just stood there staring at each other. It was awkward. *Cough cough* "Oh, Michael. This is my daughter Cassie." My mom smiled introducing me. "Hello, i'm Michael." Michael smiled holding his hand out. I put my hand in his thinking he wanted to shake. No, he kissed the top of my hand and said, "It's nice to meet you."

My mom has found a real gentlemen. I think he is good for my mom.

"Come on in." My mom said moving out of the way. I smelled something burning. Shit! The pizza! I took off running to the kitchen.

I got in the kitchen and it was smokey. I ran over to the oven and pulled the pizza out. It was black!

"Cassie, where's the fire at?" My mom asked walking into the kitchen. "We forgot about the pizza, and i'm hungry. Now what are we going to eat?" I ask sadly. "Why don't we just go out for pizza?" Michael asked standing behind my mom. "That's fine with me." I smile. "I have money." I added. "No need for that, I can pay for it." Michael smiled. "Okay, let's go." My mom smiled.

We got to Pizza Hut and went inside and sat down at a booth. It was me on one side, and my mom and Michael on the other side.

"Okay, what kind of pizza do you like?" Michael asked looking at me. "Sausage." I reply. The waitress came to our table, got our drinks and our order. Michael ordered a medium sausage for me and a large supreme for him and mom.

Our pizza and drink came, I had a bunch of questions to ask Michael but, I didn't want to make him think that i'm some kind of annoyying daughter that has to be all up in his business.

"So,Cassie. Do you have any questions to ask me?" Michael asked. A bunch. "Only a few." I lied. "Okay, go ahead and ask." "How did you meet my mom?" I asked. "We met at Wal-Mart. I accidently knocked her down and I helped her up and then I knew she was special." He replied grabbing onto my moms hand. "What do you do for a living?" "I'm a business man, I own a bunch of hotels around the world." Great, my mom is with a rich dude. "Wow, I bet it's hard to manage all of them." I said before taking a drink of my Mountain Dew. "Not really, it's actually pretty easy. I don't really manage all of them. I have help from my business partners." Michael smiled. I have a bunch more questions but, I wont ask them all at once. "That's all I can think of right now." I lied again. "Okay, then let's enjoy our meal. I have a surprise after we are done eating." Michael smiled.

What kind of surprise could he possibly have? I'm scared.

We finished eating then he got up and told my mom to get up. He took her hand and got down on one knee. Was this really happening?

"Oh Michael." My mom cried. Why was she already crying? "Amy Green, we have been together for four years. Those four years have been the best years of my life. I want to spend many more years with you. I would love to be apart of your life and I would love to be apart of Cassie's life aswell. I know i'm only 24 but, I love you so much. I couldn't imagine my life without you. Will you marry me?" Michael asked. "Michael Richards." My mom cried. "I-i, my answer is. Yes!" My mom squealed. Michael got up and hugged my mom in a tight hug. He is only 24? What? I guess my mom is still good looking for being 35.

"Congrats!" I shouted standing up hugging both of them. I pull out of the hug and look at the time, it's 2:34PM. "Hey mom, sorry to ruin the mood but, you need to take me to Josh's guest house so I can get my car and get ready for work." I say. "Oh, I almost forgot. Michael would you mind running us out to her boyfriends guest house so she can get ready for work and get her car?" My mom asked looking at Michael. "Of course. Go out to the car and I will go pay." Michael smiled.

We got out to the car, a few minutes later Michael came out. I gave him the directions and they dropped me off. By the time we got out there it was already 3:45PM. I got ready for work and by the time I was done getting ready it was 5:12PM. I had atleast 30 minutes before I had to leave for work. I just sat around and watched TV until it was time to leave.