Chapter 40: Sub Mission

The wagon was traveling very fast.

The wheels kept crashing on the ground while Kieran and Hunter were shaking helplessly inside the cabin. Neither of them talked much.

Hunter was worried about his daughter, and Kieran was thinking about the dungeon.

"Dungeons are created randomly!"

Kieran had asked Lawless how the underground game dungeons were created, and Lawless had given him a verified answer.

Then another question had come up.

What if the players entered this dungeon without a skill akin to [Tracking]?

The answer was obvious.

It was all arranged accordingly at the beginning of the dungeon.

When Kieran had realized this, he had already been on his way to Hunter's manor on the horse wagon.

It was not a free condition. Instead, it was ingrained into the game's story.

No matter what kind of player entered the game, and what strengths or skill sets they had, they would automatically be in that state at the beginning of the story.

If the player did not do anything that clashed with their identity, they would eventually proceed to the current state of the game and went to investigate the body.

Kieran guessed that even if he had done something out of character, as long as it had not disturbed the surroundings or harmed the NPC's lives, Hunter would have just ignored his odd behaviour.

The only difference between the two was the stack of money inside Kieran's pocket.

An outstanding performance always got rewarded. In this case, with a deposit.

A normal performance, however, would have left him empty-handed.

As for a wild and crazy behaviour?

Well, it might have gotten him killed for real.

The amount of security in the manor was not just for appearances.

Kieran squinted his eyes a little, trying to predict what would happen next.

No doubt, the dead body that had been discovered was not the missing Altilly, because his main mission was to find her or her dead body.

Even though it was his first dungeon, the game would never arrange such an easy mission for him compared to the newbie dungeon.

Therefore, the point was not the body, but the police.

Chief Officer John.

According to his character's memory, the Chief Officer was an acquaintance of his, someone he might even consider a friend.

If he had a policeman for a friend, the difficulty of finding Altilly would drastically decrease.

Asking the Chief Officer for help was definitely an option for the players.

What was the point of the dead body, though?

"The Sub Mission!"

As Kieran squinted his eyes, a flash of light passed by.

The Chief Officer was a friend of the character, therefore he could offer help.

Similarly, players could also choose to help the Chief Officer.

Kieran already had his favour in the bag.

He still remembered the goals that he had set for himself during the dungeon run. He didn't just want to complete the Main Mission. If possible, he would like to complete both the Sub Mission and the Title Mission.