"I'm sorry guys." I smile.

"Even to talk in the group chat sef." Another guy from my class says and blows out a puff of shi-sha.

"You guys leave him alone na." Bryana intervenes.

"Hi Bryan." I greet and reach out for a fist bump but he ignores me and pushes off the lower sixth girl who was seated on his thighs before muttering the words "I'm going to get more beer." And walking out.

"Don't mind him Kacely. He's just angry he lost. But he'll get over it." Rykiel consoles me.

"Hé really needs to calm down." Fusi says and gulps in the rest of the drink from the cup he snatched from Bryana.

"Calm down over 250k?" Bryan asks as he returns with a small guinness bottle and sits down again.

"Yes na." Fusi answers.

"You're only talking because you bet just 15k."

"It's because I have sense. How can I bet 250k with all this poverty? That's money for a whole FOREX investment." Fusi mocks and Bryan ignores him.

Bryana returns with another cup but Fusi steals it again and jumps over the sofa

"Fusi massa!" She grumbles and everyone laughs, except Bryan.

Bryana walks towards me frustratedly.

"Ashia Bry" the lower sixth girl says.

"Don't mind Fusi." I tell Bryana and she sighs.

"Can I sit on your lap?" She asks and I hesitate but nod anyway. She wraps her hand round my neck and saddles my lap before taking my drink and sipping it.

(Author rolls eyes again...)

"So Kace, what have been up to during quarantine?" A guy from the Arts class asks me, I don't even know his name.

"Apart from fucking Azinwi." Bryan mumbles and I frown at him before he sits up with a smug look on his face. Literally everyone heard him but they are mature enough not to say or do anything about it.

"Nothing much, just swimming, working out."

"Working out? Wow I might start coming along with you." Fusi says and sits down.

"Please when you people are going, drag Ojong to come with you guys, see how he has grown fatter." Rykiel complains and her boyfriend, Ojong sighs.

"Leave Ojong alone Ry, everyone has grown fatter during quarantine, even me." Bryana responds.

"Ojong has always been a chubby guy. Our very own Sean Kingston" another guy says

"I haven't." Fusi brags.

"Can you ever get fat? Bamboo." Bryana insults him.

"What else have you been up to Kace?" Ojong asks me. Why am I the center of attention tonight?

'Nothing much actually, playing video games and ..."

"Fucking Azinwi." Bryan interrupts again.

"What's your problem Bryan?" Bryana snaps.

"What it's true right?" He says and sips his drink. "Speaking of truths, let's play a game of truth or dare."

"Yes!" Fusi screams.

"No..." The arts guy opposes.

"I'm not playing abeg." Rykiel immediately says. "Ojong you're not playing either." She informs her boyfriend and scoots closer to him.

"Me I'm playing oh." He says and sits up.

"No... No" Bryana says. "I know what you're planning Bryan."

"What? It's a party, we're just having fun." He defends. "Go and tell your friends to join us. Just Yinga and Sharon." Bryan informs the lower sixth girl and she obliges.

I move uncomfortably in my chair, trying to think of the possible challenges they might give.

"You don't have to play if you don't want to." Bryana whispers.

"What? You'll coward out? You're chickening out?" Bryan asks me

"Shut up Bryan! No one spoke to you."

"Well I'm talking to him." He fires back.

"What's your problem? No one told you to make a bet you weren't able to win."

"Shut up Bry." He tells her

"Abeg you people will solve your sibling problems during breakfast tomorrow morning. Now we're about to have some fun! Real fun!" Fusi yells and Ojong cheers.

"OJ let me just tell you that you're not kissing another girl eh, as you are making this your thing here" Rykiel tells her boo and he sighs.

"Who's in?"

"Not me." Rykiel states.

"Then don't sit here, only those playing will sit here." Fusi states.

"Who are you to be laying down rules?" Rykiel frowns.

"I am Fusi Ndonwi Javis." He answers confidently and they laugh at Rykiel.

"Fine, I'll play." She gives in. "But nobody will kiss me except my boyfriend and no one will kiss him either."

"That's why there are shots." Fusi says.

"I won't be taking any shots if I have the choice of kissing somebody else oh. Kacely, you in?" Ojong asks

"Yes are you in Kacely? Will you play or not?" Bryan asks

"Get off his case man." Fusi says.

"I just asked a simple question." He defends and the lower sixth girl returns with her two friends.

"I'll play" I say.

"You don't have to." Bryana insists.

"No, it's really fine."

"That's my man." Fusi smiles.
"So the rules are really simple. You choose either a truth or a dare. But you are limited to three truths, cause I know some of you, you'll keep choosing truth and just keep lying."

"If I lie you won't know." One of the lower sixth girls laugh.

"Sharon, if you lie and you're caught, you'll take two shots. If you refuse your truth, one shot, you refuse your dare, two shots. No videos guys... I'm serious here."

"No videos how?"

"No, seriously. Remember what happened to Precious last year?" He says and people seem to agree. "Seriously... I don't want to see some type of things on people's Snapchat stories demain matin. Let's keep it mature and real." Fusi insists.

"Who's Precious?" I ask Bryana.

"She was in our class last year. They dared her to make orgasmic sounds and she did. She was a bit tipsy so it was really... orgasmic. The videos went viral and people mocked her so much that she didn't come back to RCC this year "

"Orgasmic sounds?" I ask in bewilderment.

"Yes, that's why I said you mustn't play, the challenges might get really nasty. Bryan too is seemingly really out for you tonight."

This is more serious than I thought...

"OK, let the game begin. We'll start with start with..."

"Kacely" Bryan says and looks straight at me.

••••••
Bryan...😂😂
He's really out for Kacely tonight. We all know this game won't end well.😅 T/D games never do.

Hafa with Christmas? I think Christmas is becoming less and less of a big deal as time passes. Not just cuz we're getting older, but because d problems in our country and in the world as a whole are weighing people down. I can count the number of Christmas trees I've seen on display this week on one hand. There's no more festivity.

Anyways...

Like I said, there'll be a Christmas day special tomorrow. Stay tuned 😉 and thanks so much for reading this chapter.❣️