ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟟

Start from the beginning

"I see," he breathed, the worry becoming more prominent.

"And you are?"

Mamoru stiffened slightly as Akashi made his way towards them. The game must be over. "You have something for Tetsuya?"

Ogiwara faced him, unaware of how cold Akashi could be.

"I'm Shigehiro Ogiwara from Meiko Middle School," he introduced himself to Akashi, giving his head a slight incline out of politeness. "I came to see how he was doing."

"The opponent for the finals," Akashi noted. "Unfortunately, Tetsuya will have to sit out for the game."

He moved past him like he wasn't worth his time. "I'm sure the result will be the same, but good luck."

"Hold on a moment," Ogiwara said firmly.

Before Akashi turned around, Mamoru caught a hold of the unsettling look in his eyes. Dangerous.

But Ogiwara never faltered. He didn't back down. "You...Do you have fun playing basketball?"

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

Mamoru watched as Kuroko's eyes fluttered open.

"Tetsu-kun!"

"How are you doing?"

"Akashi-kun...Momoi-san...What about the game?"

"Of course we won," Akashi stated calmly. "The finals will begin in about 5 minutes."

Kuroko immediately started to sit up, struggling a little. Akashi leaned forward as if he thought to push him down, but he refrained from anymore movements.

Knowing how stubborn he was, Mamoru helped him sit up with a hand on his back. "I'll play too," Kuroko said.

"You can't," Akashi denied. "The doctor told us to keep you in bed. So behave and lie down."

"But!-"

"I know," Akashi interrupted him calmly. Mamoru looked away from the three bodies and chose to stare at the ground. "It's about Ogiwara-kun, isn't it?"

Kuroko inhaled sharply.

"I met him in the hallway just now," Akashi informed the boy. "'We'll make sure to play again!' That's what he said."

Kuroko's eyes had widened, but he relaxed, almost slumping down in his cot in disappointment. "I see..."

He perked up with a pleading look in his eyes. "Akashi-kun, please go full strength in the finals. Please." His shaking hands clenched the blanket tightly.

Mamoru's eyes widened slightly, though no one took notice. How could Kuroko ask something like that? Knowing the team, they would absolutely crush their opponents with no hesitation, with no regard or respect.

Akashi stood up. His eyes focused on Kuroko shrewdly. "You don't care how much we win by?"

"'I'd hate it more if you went easy on me.' I'm sure that's what he would say," Kuroko quoted seriously. Mamoru wanted to tell him this was a bad idea. The team would stomp all over their pride in a second.

"Alright," Akashi relented, making his way towards the door. "Mamoru."

He looked up. "Attend this game," he ordered. "Kuroko will be fine with Satsuki."

Mamoru glanced at Kuroko, who nodded slowly. "Understood," he nodded his head. "I'll go change now."

Akashi and Mamoru changed quickly into their jersey, and made their way into the gym. "Hey...Akashi-cchi, Mamoru-cchi, what about Kuroko-cchi?" Kise asked, taking a step towards them.