29 | dance with me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CHAPTER 29

You have to listen to Chase Atlantic or The Weeknd while you read this - it's non negotiable ;)

Sunlight fell onto my skin and I could practically feel myself glowing from the inside out.

This. This is what London had been missing.

The feeling of sand under my bare feet as I ran down to the shore and the joyful laughter that I couldn't stop from escaping while I did.

The weather was unusually agreeable today, which was perfect since I couldn't think of a better way to spend my last day in Cornwall than to get fully acquainted with the beach.

Sandcastles, hidden seashells, all of it.

I didn't even care that it might have seemed a little childish. The best parts of us are often found in our childhood selves.

"You sure you wanna get in?" Gabriel asked, his eyes travelling to the sea which was looking a little choppy. "We can just dip our feet in for a while."

I shook my head defiantly. I needed the full experience. "Nope. I want in."

He shook his head but since it looked like a mix of fondness and exasperation, I took that as a yes.

I took the summer dress that I was wearing off quickly before he changed his mind, revealing the swimsuit that I had on underneath.

It was the same one that I had been unsure about packing in the first place — showing a lot more skin than I was typically used to in zigzags that cut across the blue fabric.

I didn't know what had brought me to put it on today, or at least that's what I was telling myself.

Because when Gabe's eyes met mine and I saw the look in them, I immediately knew exactly why I had put it on.

Every single inch of the skin that was exposed began to tingle, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

The look in his eyes was raw and unrestrained. Desire in its purest form.

He looked like he wanted to eat me alive. And the strangest thing was that at that moment, I don't know if I would have stopped him.

The silent staring match went on like that for about five minutes straight. Our eyes left the trails that our hands wanted to instead, but we both held back.

Probably for fear that once we started, we wouldn't be able to stop.

He ended it when he took his shirt off, leaving him in nothing but a pair of swim trunks.

I don't think I'd ever wanted anything more until that moment.

Ivory coloured skin painted itself onto every ridge of his lean build, and I was in awe just looking at him.