17 | kissing friends

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
CHAPTER 17

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  CHAPTER 17

Bloody hell.

Cora was standing in front of my door wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt that looked as if it was closer to my size than hers.

At least I was assuming she had shorts on - it was hard to tell since the t-shirt was so long it was practically dragging on the floor.

I swallowed, looking for something else to focus on.

My resolve was unsurprisingly weak and I found my eyes on her clothing once more. This time though, I looked closely enough to notice what was on her t-shirt.

White lines formed the high frequency waves that were on the album cover of 'AM' by Arctic Monkeys and I grinned.

"You listen to Arctic Monkeys?" I asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"Yeah." She answered, avoiding my eyes and tugging her lips within her teeth. "They're one of my favourite artists."

She seemed shy, a stark contrast from how she was with me a couple of days ago.

My mind flashed to that memory for what was probably the millionth time, refusing to let me get over it.

I was in her art studio walking away from the window and towards her, noting how she had turned away from me under the pretence of still painting.

My mouth was inches away from her shoulders as I called her bluff and she turned to face me, hazel eyes widening as the tension between us became impossible to ignore.

Her soft body fit perfectly against mine as we were pulled together, the shaky breaths she released urging me on.

My thumb trailed over her reddened lips and I had been painfully close to tasting them.

To finding out whether she was as sweet as my nickname for her.

Christ. It was probably for the best that we hadn't actually kissed - I don't know if I'd have been able to stop.

"Um... Gabe?" She said, a slight question in her voice.

I began to panic then, worrying that she had read my mind, until I realised that she was referring to the fact that I'd been staring at her the whole time.

I grimaced, breaking myself out of the trance I had been under.

"Come in." I said, stepping aside and running my hands through my hair.