22 | tell me to stop

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CHAPTER 22

I recommend reading this with music on to set the mood hehe
You can find the playlist for this book on my spotify: @silhouxette

I recommend reading this with music on to set the mood heheYou can find the playlist for this book on my spotify: @silhouxette

"You seemed off this morning. He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "What's wrong?"

"Oh... um, nothing. I just felt a bit ill." I lied.

He cocked his head to the side slightly, letting his eyes travel over my face. "You don't look ill."

I scrambled for something to say that would get me out of the hole I had just dug myself into, but he spoke again before I could even think about it properly, a deep sigh lacing his voice. "It doesn't matter."

I felt guilty for lying to him, but anything was better than admitting to the fact that I left because of the irrational jealousy that flooded through me when I saw that girl kissing his cheek.

I forgot about it when his facial expression changed, mischief breathing itself into his eyes and that dimpled mouth. "Sing for me again. Or should I say howl for me again? That's probably a better word for it."

I had no control over the way my own mouth dropped open. I was no Beyoncé, but you'd assume based on the amount of music I listened to that I'd at least be able to hold a tune. "I wasn't that bad!" I defended.

His lips twitched at the corners as they fought a smile. "Sure."

"Shut up." I said, smiling to myself and walking over to the counter to turn off the music that had been underscoring our conversation. "And I'm almost positive you aren't any better."

"Wanna bet?" He teased, eyes sparkling when they met mine. "Put a song on."

"What if you don't know it?" I asked.

His jaw set determinedly. "I doubt that. Put one on, gorgeous."

I clicked the 'shuffle play' button on the home screen of my phone and listened as the first few notes of a song traveled into the air and latched onto the particles, resonating around the room.

"A tornado flew around my room before you came..."

You've got to be kidding me.

Of all the songs that could have played, it was the first and only one that he had ever recommended to me. Great.

A small smirk graced his lips as he sang, and I could tell that the same thing was going through his head.

The husky tone of his voice contrasted the lightness of Frank Ocean's in the best possible way, and I rolled my eyes internally. Of course he was a good singer. Life was just unfair like that.