𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄

↺

𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

MARK EXHALED SHARPLY, ROLLING ONTO HIS BACK.

he closed his eyes, when he felt movement beside him. he looked to his side, and mina lay beside him, grinning.

"how'd this happen?" he asked breathlessly, but he knew the answer. it was 4 am when he was sitting in his bed, staring at the purple marks on his wrists. he lightly touched one of them, wincing. and in a dazed state of mind and an act of desperation, he picked up his phone, flipped it open, and dialed mina's number. he knew it was wrong. she had cheated on him. maybe he was the second choice, not donghyuck. he knew he should hate her. but he just couldn't. she was the first person, besides jisung, who gave him time. she knew he was slow to trust, slow to open up. she was patient. it was a surprise to all the kids when they started dating, even mark. he never thought he was good for her. but one day, mina had told him that she liked him, and mark just couldn't reject her. he himself didn't even know if he liked her or not, but during their relationship, he felt like he did. and he just couldn't let her go. he went over what to say. he needed to sound cool, like it was maybe a wrong number. he was cold, aloof, just like always.

mina picked up. she sounded tired. "hello?"

alright. cold, aloof.

just.

like.

always.

"h-hey.."

dammit! you really fucked that up, didn't you? why'd you have to stutter?  mark smacked himself. "hey, um, sorry it's late and-" he sputtered out random words. he tiredly wiped his eyes. "listen i just-"

he heard mina sigh. "mark,"

mark shut up.

"wanna come over?"

and that's how mark ended up walking to mina's perfect house and climbed up the tree that was conveniently placed right by her window. he crouched on the window sill, which wasn't much of a struggle for someone his size, and tapped her window. mina opened it with a smile, and mark fell in love all over again. her hair was slightly ruffled and she wore a pink t-shirt and pink shorts, paired with a pink, fuzzy hairband. anyone would have looked immature, but she looked cute. she gently held mark's arm, helping him onto her room. her room, much like her pajamas, was a mixture of soft pinks and whites. 

mark stared at mina's face for a second, before pulling her towards him. he heard mina take in a breath. she looked up at him, placed a soft kiss on mark's parted lips, and slowly sat onto her fluffy bed. she moved backward, mark following her, their lips never leaving each others. mina breathed out softly, causing mark to look at her. mina nodded. her hands moved to her shirt and she slowly unbuttoned her pajama shirt. she gave mark a soft smile, and pulled him in again.