𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓 𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐔𝐍

↺

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑

BEFORE EACH SCHOOL YEAR STARTS, ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE A TEST.

this was supposed to let administration know which classes and which level to put the students in. there was a section for math, english literature, and science and about fifty questions in each section.

all of the dreamies got a super high score in the english literature section, but there was just one question none of them could answer; where or when do you feel most at home?

now, halfway through the school year, they found their answer.

a soft, dreamy alternative song was playing as they drove through daegu. the guitar played through their ears and the gentle drum beats matched their heartbeats. chenle had one hand on the wheel and his other was intertwined with jisung's. the other five boys in the back were leaning on each other, fingers locked. their heads swayed slowly to the music and the town blurred past. the run down buildings, the old school, the palace and it's bright lights were all but a distant memory now. they were free.

the moon shone brightly, despite the icy rain that fell. it was calming.

surprisingly, donghyuck was the first to break. he bit his lip and closed his eyes, letting his tears fall. no words were spoken. they drank, cried, and felt a huge weight leave them as they saw the long, familiar road. at the end of it, there were red and blue lights flashing. must've been an accident.

the boys' grip on each other tightened.

"let's drive and drive forever." renjun leaned his head back. the moon reflected in his eyes, making his tears shine.

"i wanna go home," jeno whispered, closing his eyes as if he was going to sleep. the others followed.

mark smiled, closing his eyes as well. a lone tear escaped his eye. "let's go home."

a choked sob escaped chenle's mouth as jisung clutched his hand, and then he hit the gas.

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀.𝐌

TAEYONG WAKES UP WITH A SMILE.

for the first time in years, he isn't eaten away by his guilt. his weekends usually consist of him moping around the house, grading student's papers, and jaehyun making him coffee. but today, he wants to have a good day. he's actually excited to read his students' essays and he can already imagine the discussion they'll have on monday.