𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓

↺

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

ANOTHER BORING FRIDAY. 

exactly one week later. it was lunch, and donghyuck made his way through the lunch line, grabbed his tray and sat down.

just like everything else in life, where you sat at lunch had rules. you stay with your clique. mark, jisung, and donghyuck always sat at the same table, even though they never exchanged words with each other. mina is the most popular girl, and mark was mina's boyfriend and the most popular boy, so he was obligated to sit with her and her friends, whether he liked it or not. donghyuck was obviously a close second on the student social ladder, and was in mina's friend group, so he sat at the same table, although, far away from mark. jisung sat with them too, seeing as he was mark's best friend. mina always made an effort to get close to jisung, but he never fully formed a friendship with any of the people there. he would nod along, and occasionally give a fake laugh while beomgyu was telling a story, but he and mark were normally silent observers. again, donghyuck didn't understand how these two came to be such celebrities among the school if they never said a word. mark knew he was popular, and jisung knew he had girls silently gushing over him left and right, but they never acted on them. it confused donghyuck to his very core.

jeno sat with the jocks, specifically the basketball team. johnny suh, jeon jungkook, bang chan, choi yeonjun, choi san, jung wooyoung, kim taehyung, oh sehun and himself. their table was empty today though. they had a basketball game tonight and they had to practice as much as possible. jeno was among the youngest of the team, but he was scary good at the game, or anything that involved a ball really. some people like to think that he only became captain because his dad is the coach, but donghyuck honestly thought it was because of his talent.

chenle. he was pretty new, but being rich and smart definitely gave him a following already. he always sat with yangyang, yuqi, and shuhua, with the occasional person introducing himself to him. chenle knew not to get to close though, because being the wealthiest in town by far came with disadvantages too. chenle was constantly on the lookout for something, even though he didn't specifically say that. he always seemed on edge, and would prefer not ever bringing up his wealthy status.

renjun and jaemin didn't fit into a clique. the would sit at the 'losers' tables. the tables near the back were designated for kids with a tiny friend group or if you were just super lonely. people there never talked to one another, only to people they knew. renjun and jaemin normally sat at the third one, in the corner, where renjun was doing his homework while jaemin rambled on and on about the latest episode of lizzie mcguire or whatever.

so that explains why donghyuck shocked himself by steering away from his usual table and towards the losers space. he sat at the one that was normally empty. the last table in the room, pushed into a corner like even the staff hated it. the girls turned around, shocked by what donghyuck had just done, and turned back to their friends, probably already spreading fake rumors. donghyuck sighed to himself, twirling his chopsticks around.