𝐎𝐍𝐙𝐄

↺

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

A.P ENGLISH SOON BECAME A FAVORITE AMONG STUDENTS.

taeyong was young, but super smart. for homework, he normally gave a chapter to read with some annotations and that was it. he was kinda weird and different from the other teachers, but that's what made his class enjoyable. he managed to make his lessons fun, while still teaching. even the students who struggled liked him. the dreamies normally did their homework during their free period, knowing that it'd be easy for them. they were all pretty smart, and taeyong's work actually made sense. well, actually, only donghyuck, jeno, jisung, and jaemin did that. renjun, mark, and chenle had to take a special class with a few other kids during their free period on accounts of being 'literal super geniuses' as jaemin called them.

still, the boys got through their classes without a huge struggle. even mark managed to get over his grudge against the teacher and focused on the lessons. usually.

well, that was about go all out the window.

the dreamies moved to the back of the class, all in a row. they all kept their eyes on the clock, watching the minutes tick down. only ten more minutes of class and then they'll be free. just a little wile longer-

"jaemin."

the dreamies' heads all snapped to taeyong instantly. taeyong was staring at them and their classmates all slowly turned to look at them.

"um.. yes?" jaemin asked nervously.

"what's your favorite word?" taeyong crossed his arms.

jaemin looked to his friends in confusion before looking back. "what?"

"what's your favorite word?" he asked again.

"uh. um, i don't know. waffle?" it took all of renjun's might to not burst out in laughter. he saw how his friends took multiple deep breaths in and pursed their lips. it wasn't even that funny, but they were all struggling. renjun has been spending way too much time with them. 

taeyong kept his face serious. "alright, and why is that your favorite word?"

jaemin shrugged. "dude, i don't know. makes me think of my mom, maybe?"

taeyong nodded. "good. you have a connection to the word. renjun, what's your favorite word? you can tell me why, or you don't have to. i just want to know what you think."

"um.. why, i guess. it's a question, word, and a sentence all at once." renjun answered, not being able to hide his confusion with this discussion.

"jeno?"

jeno thought for a second. "free? maybe. it has a nice feeling."

"donghyuck?"

"wednesday. it's in between everything. and it has way more letters than the other days. it's a rule breaker." he answered without hesitation.