𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐙𝐄

↺

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

IT WAS UNSURPRISING THAT THE DREAMIES GREW DISTANT AFTER THE INCIDENT.

it started with jisung. that day, he was pacing around the palace, seething. he was shouting at the other boys whenever they tried to speak to him. the only time he shut up was when he grabbed a small flask and his mind went hazy.

without mark, he lost grip on himself. he felt himself spiraling into an unhealthy state. everything he blocked out from the past few months found it's way back to him. he felt himself getting angry at every little thing again. he remembered stumbling into the palace one day later, incredibly drunk and doped up on molly. he remembers chenle screaming at him. he felt like he was underwater and could barely make out what chenle was saying, but chenle was experienced. he cupped jisung's face hard to make up look up, trying hard to not hurt him from the anger he was feeling.

"what the fuck were you thinking?!"

jisung didn't answer, he only glared through his bangs.

"don't- god, what?" chenle couldn't even say anything. he just sat jisung down and let him sober up.

it was then that donghyuck said something that set jisung off again. "i saw mark the day it happened."

"what do you mean?" he heard jeno say.

"when shotaro got kicked out. i saw him with kang. i got into a fight with my dad that morning and ended up hurting my leg. i thought it was the typical scrape, maybe a bruise but it ended up being really bad. after kang left, i ended up talking to him and he helped me out. i was gonna ask why he was with kang but.. it didn't seem out of the ordinary with him getting into trouble." donghyukc said, looking down at his shoes.

jisung tensed up and chenle had gripped his arm harshly. "i'm taking you home."

and after that, jisung didn't show up to the palace again.

the next to leave was chenle.

there was never a clear reason as to why chenle made decisions. at school, he was seen back with the chinese kids. even though he always seemed like he was in a daze, always half-awake. his eyes were always dull. but nobody thought anything of it. chenle always looked like that, and eventually, most people just stopped worrying.

jeno, jaemin, and renjun all left at the same time. they were walking down the empty street at four am, exhausted and tipsy.

renjun took a deep breath in. "i am fully aware i am going to regret this. it's clearly not the right time and we're all exhausted but i just need to say it right now and neither of you are allowed to talk until i'm done."