Merry Christmas

"So, how do you find this place...?" The basketball team captain asked expectantly, cheeks flushed, eyes shining.

?" The basketball team captain asked expectantly, cheeks flushed, eyes shining

"Bin, it's amazing! I've never eaten at a restaurant like this in my life. There's even a bar counter!" Yejin gushed, picking up her phone to discreetly snap a few pictures of the establishment's interior.

"You like it?"

"That's the understatement of the year. I love it. Don't you feel so...grown-up?"

Sitting in Ciuri Ciuri, an Italian restaurant bar in Mapo-gu, the young couple was having their Christmas Eve dinner, a surprise specially planned by Hyun Bin for Yejin

The most delicious smells of herbs and garlic dominated the air in the restaurant, as classic Christmas songs added festive color to the diners' experience.

"Oh my God. This is a, two dollar-sign restaurant according to Google." Yejin continued gushing, hastily putting her phone away upon seeing an approaching waiter.

Picking the menu up, the young couple scrutinized the list.

The usually-confident council president narrowed her eyes at the menu. "Okay, I don't know half the words written here. What's a caponata?"

"Hmm...maybe they typed carbonara wrongly." Hyun Bin helpfully added.

"Ahhh, that must be it. Ta...Taglia? Tagliatelle...? Any idea what's that?" Yejin asked, scanning the menu.

Frowning, the basketball team captain replied in a hushed whisper, "That should be one of spaghetti's odd-shaped friends. I guess?"

"Right."

"Do you need help with the menu?" The waiter politely interrupted, seeing how the high school students were obviously struggling.

"It's okay, we'll have the caponata and ummm...this. Rigatoni. Also, this Pac..Paccheri here." Not quite willing to be treated as a kid, Hyun Bin started placing his order, seeking Yejin's gaze for reassurance as she nodded and shrugged helplessly with an amused smile.