BinJin

A/N: A short update ❤️ I don't typically update on Wednesdays because I have two reports to publish for work, but this was too cute to resist!

—————————————————————

The coach was cruising along the highway, and the initial buzz and chatter in its interior had already died down.

Most of the high school students were either just taking the good chance to rest, do some light reading or hold quiet conversations.

Even the teachers were taking a break, and it was no different for a certain pair of close friends.

Earlier on, after visiting the restroom at their second rest stop, Yejin had said that she wished to sleep.

So she did, and all was good.

Then her head slowly, slowly bobbed and got lower and lower...until she was leaning on his shoulder.

Hyun Bin had initially tried to nudge her a little; they were surrounded by friends and classmates after all.

But Yejin was completely asleep, having stayed up late the previous night to pack her luggage and do more revision work.

Sitting straighter than before, Hyun Bin tried to keep very still.

Oh, wait a minute. The AC was still blowing right at her. Will she feel cold?

Quietly, he gingerly reached up with a hand to turn the coach's AC vent away from her to blow it at himself.

Then there was one point when the bus was going over some bumpier roads.

Afraid that might disturb Yejin's rest, Hyun Bin hurriedly steadied her head with his other hand.

Wow. Her hair is so soft and silky now that he actually touched it for a longer period of time, he thought.

And it smells so good, reminding him of late summer peaches.

Despite himself, the basketball team captain gently patted her on the head.

Silently, he looked around him.

Okay.

The coast is clear.

Just one second wouldn't be a problem, would it?

He leaned his head on hers, quietly marveling at their close proximity.

It was then when Ha Neul leaned across the aisle from his seat, giving Hyun Bin a lazy, teasing smile

"Hey."

"...what? That smile of yours is totally disturbing." The basketball team captain asked, eyes narrowing after he hurriedly straightened up.

Leaning in to whisper by his captain's ear, Ha Neul said, "So BinJin is real, huh?"

"Huh? What on earth is that?"

Smiling impishly, Ha Neul first pointed at his teammate, "Bin."

His finger shifted to point at the sleeping girl. "Jin."

Oh my god.

People knew??

Gobsmacked, Hyun Bin started, "But we are just-"

"Oh, stop pretending, it's so annoying when you do that." The power forward wasn't quite letting up.

"For the ten thousandth time, we are just close friends

"For the ten thousandth time, we are just close friends." Hyun Bin replied, still hoping that this term 'BinJin' wouldn't reach Yejin's ears.

Ha Neul rolled his eyes in exasperation. "Yeah and plot twist! Son Yejin is actually dating me."

That was Hyun Bin's turn to assume a devious smile.

Beckoning for his teammate to come closer, the basketball team captain whispered.

"Should I be telling Gong Hyojin that?"

"Hey!" Ha Neul's instantaneous outburst was hilarious to watch, before he nodded apologetically to other classmates who had turned around to see what the commotion was about.

Dropping his voice to an urgent whisper, he replied, "Don't you dare!"

"It is as clear as day, my good man." Hyun Bin flashed a lopsided, teasing smile.

"Nothing like BinJin though." Ha Neul retorted good-naturedly.

Scrunching his nose faintly at that, Hyun Bin turned his head to look away from his teammate to cast a sideward glance at his close friend.

A secret smile grew involuntarily on his face, at the thought of how others in school were actually under the assumption that they had something more going on.

"Man, that's disgusting. Stop smiling like that." Ha Neul teased, flashing an expression of disdain.

Clearing his throat and assuming a stoic expression, the team captain asked.

"...is it that obvious?"

"What, your psychotic smile?"

"No. Umm...you know...BinJin." Hyun Bin mouthed the last word inaudibly.

Rolling his eyes again, the power forward replied, "For the tenth thousandth time, it is as clear as day!"