Halloween

Halloween, 2020
Everland

"KYAAAAAAAA——————!!!!"

A ear-piercing scream rang through the darkened space they were in, before Hyun Bin found his arm locked in a death grip.

The ghoul came closer and took a swipe at the cowering Yejin, before a certain basketball team captain protectively wrapped an arm around her.

"Give...me...your soul..." Said ghoul, most likely some college boy looking to earn more pocket money, moaned woefully.

"Nooooooooo!!" The Student Council president shrieked, swatting aimlessly in the direction of the otherworldly assailant.

"It's okay, it's okay," Hyun Bin was quick to pull his girlfriend closer to himself. "You're safe with me."

In the spirit of male camaraderie, pun intended, the ghoul backed off and slyly gave Hyun Bin a thumbs up sign, to which the latter nodded gratefully.

Well, that was really nice of him, the basketball captain thought as he beamed with teenage male pride at having 'protected' his Yejin.

Of course, he would be lying if he claimed he wasn't spooked, but this was a golden opportunity for a grand display of manliness.

The high school sweethearts were at Everland's annual Halloween event, which saw the popular theme park intricately-decorated with Halloween themes and pop-up horror villages.

Crowd-favorite rides like the T-Express were redesigned as Halloween rides, and of course, there was the most spine-chilling Horror Maze in which Hyun Bin and Yejin were currently in.

They've already been inside for at least fifteen minutes, trying to find their way out to no avail.

At the rate the ghouls, ghosts and zombies were coming at them, the basketball team captain was certain he would either go deaf from Yejin's high-pitched screams, lose an arm from her death grip, or simply drop dead from the spookiness as well.

So preoccupied was he in his thoughts, Hyun Bin did not see a group of zombies coming at them from around a darkened corner.

Bloody faces came into sight, eerily illuminated by green light.