Kiss and Make Up

"Is it really okay, ignoring him like this?" Hyojin asked, tilting her chin in the direction of her best friend's buzzing smartphone.

On the flashing screen was an ongoing notification for an incoming call, against the background of Spackman High's basketball team captain's goofy smiling face.

"I'm still mad at him." Yejin muttered, placing her pen down on the table before reaching to mute the call notification.

Hyun Bin did not call back.

Four days had gone by since the big fight, with the Student Council president giving her boyfriend the cold shoulder.

Hyun Bin had tried to speak with her along the corridors outside their respective classrooms, only for Yejin to escape with some lame excuse each time.

He had cycled to her house one night and had even texted to ask her to go to her bedroom window on level two. It was totally Romeo and Juliet, something Yejin would have loved, if not for the fact that she was still upset.

So she ignored him, silently peeping at the basketball team captain from behind her curtains until he left.

The council president had actually accidentally answered one of Hyun Bin's video calls two days ago, but upon seeing his face, had immediately hung up.

Being in different classes made it even easier for her to ignore the basketball team captain, especially since he was busy with training for an upcoming state-level tournament.

"That was what, the third time he called in the last fifteen minutes?" Hyojin asked.

He was most probably having a break at basketball practice; she knew his schedule like the back of her hand.

"Maybe?" Yejin felt a twinge of guilt, but wasn't quite ready to relent, especially in front of her best friend.

Hyojin had been trying to persuade her and play peacemaker, mostly because Hyun Bin had been badgering her for her help.

"You know, Hyun Bin is pitiful enough. It's hard having a girlfriend who has to work closely with an admirer who has already made his feelings known. I bumped into him at the science labs earlier and he was looking all glum."

"Don't fall prey to his puppy face. He's very good at doing that." Yejin murmured, evading her best friend's eyes.

It wasn't as if she felt nothing; it hurt to know that Hyun Bin was probably feeling very sad at being ignored by her

She knew he meant well.

But Yejin truly wanted to drive her point across, and put an end to his relentless attempts at spying on whatever meeting she had with Kim Nam Gil.

"Well, you do realize that he's behaving like this because he's too into you?" Hyojin replied, rolling her eyes subtly at Yejin's feigned indifference.