Future Plans

Sprinting around the neighborhood, eyes scanning the surroundings for a familiar figure, was a very worried Hyun Bin.

He would have found out from their mutual friends that Yejin did not turn up at her English academy after class, and a quick visit to her place told him that she wasn't at home either.

Inwardly cursing himself for allowing her to go to English class by herself because he had basketball practice, Hyun Bin couldn't shake off the worry lingering in his mind.

What if the stalker had gotten to her before he did?

Could she be in some form of danger?

Going around the neighborhood, searching the bus stops, fast food joints, convenience stores...he saw no signs of Son Ye Jin.

Another fifteen minutes went by, until a place suddenly came to mind.

That was where she liked to go, when she needed to quietly read, or simply to clear her head.

Another ten minutes were spent running there and true enough, sitting on a bench at the park, gazing out at the pond, was Yejin.

Stopping in his tracks to heave a huge sigh of relief, the basketball team captain walked over to where his childhood friend was.

"Hey. Why are you here alone? Do you know how worried I was?"

Seemingly taken aback initially, Yejin soon pressed her lips together in a semi-pout, "Don't look at me

Seemingly taken aback initially, Yejin soon pressed her lips together in a semi-pout, "Don't look at me."

Then there was a small sniffle.

And another one.

Awkwardly, Hyun Bin stole a sideward glance.

"...are you crying?"

She definitely was; he could see those tears rolling down her cheeks, glistening in the streetlights.

"...I said, don't look at me."

Giving her one more lingering look, he shifted his body slightly such that he wasn't quite looking in her direction.