Surprise

"Hey."

"There you are!" Yejin smiled, walking over briskly to where her childhood friend was.

Around them, crickets were singing their nocturnal songs from the trees and bushes at the students' lodge.

Earlier on, the basketball team captain had received a text message from the Students' Council president.

A message that asked him to sneak out to meet her privately at 11.50pm at the multi-purpose room at the students' hostel.

"Meet me at the multi-purpose room at 11.50pm. I have something to talk to you about."

Those were her exact words.

Now, standing in the dark with her by his side, Hyun Bin could only wonder what exactly it was that his childhood friend wished to speak about.

She couldn't possibly be planning to...could she?

"So...what is it?" Unable to bear the suspense further, he asked, hoping for his tone to come across as casual.

"Well...it's something really important."

"Okayy...so why don't you tell me about it? Are you troubled?" Hyun Bin prompted.

What if she came clean with her feelings?

What if...just...what if...this was Son Yejin's idea of confessing her admiration for him?

Was he even ready for it?

Damn.

He might have eaten too much garlic earlier.

Discreetly, he raised a palm to his parted lips and exhaled into it.

Hm. Breath smells okay.

Just in case.

Just in case the right opportunity presents itself, and one thing leads to another...

"Oh, no, no. I mean, everything is fine with me. I'm not troubled. It's just that...I have something important to tell you." Yejin quietly said, gazing up at her childhood friend.

In the dim lighting of their surroundings, her eyes were dark, though holding a bright sparkle.

Nervously, he nodded. "Go for it. I'm all ears."

"Well...I...shall we talk about this in private?" Yejin seemed somewhat tense.

"Are we not already alone by ourselves out here?" Hyun Bin asked, genuinely perplexed.

"I would prefer it if we are hidden from sight." She replied in a small voice, lifting her hand to point at the door of the multi-purpose room.

WOAHHHH.

Now that progressed quickly.

Whoever would have thought that Yejin was so...aggressive?

He likes it though, he is liking it very much indeed.

Driven into a happy daze by raging teenage male hormones, Hyun Bin was torn between coming across as nonchalant and confident, and whooping for joy.

"...shall we open the door?" Yejin asked, standing behind him somewhat bashfully.

Honestly, she is just too cute to be real.

"Of course. If you wish." Wrapping his hand around the door handle, the basketball team captain pressed the handle down to push the door open-

"SURPRISE!!"