Disappointment

"...so is she okay?" Came the feminine voice from over the phone.

Casting a sideward glance at his girlfriend, Hyun Bin cupped a hand over his mouth and replied discreetly, "I think she'll be fine...just pretty bummed for now. She cried a little earlier on."

"Poor thing. She has been looking forward to the awards show for the longest time."

From somewhere in the background, a male voice could be heard saying, 'Shall we get going, my sweetest little camellia?', to which the basketball team captain cringed and pretended to gag.

"Okay I've gotta go." Hyojin added.

"Thanks for calling— I'll go keep her company," The basketball team captain replied, before added with a teasing chuckle. "And tell Ha Neul he's being disgusting."

"Shut up, Bin. Bye." Said sweet little camellia retorted with an amused laugh, before the phone line went dead.

Putting the phone down, Hyun Bin cast another sideward glance at his girlfriend. This time, instead of having her head buried in his pillow, she was looking straight back at him with a forlorn pout on her lips.

"I'm so sad."

"I know, I know." The doting boyfriend replied, walking over to his bed on which Yejin was currently sitting.

Gently patting her on the head, as if he was tapping an 'on' button, Hyun Bin smiled endearingly when his girlfriend started airing the unhappiness plaguing her.

"How can they possibly scam us fans like this? The official hosting platform said they'll be attending."

The Student Council president had been in an excellent mood since a week ago when she had discovered that her favorite actor and actress, now an officially dating couple, were jointly attending an awards show.

Or at least, that was what she had thought, going by misleading information by the organizers.

Things took a horrible turn when she realized it was not quite the case, and...the rest is history.

"I saved up for it!" She blinked back tears, lower lip trembling.

"I know. How about this? We go out for dinner later instead of staying home to eat? I can go downstairs to tell my mom, it's three hours till dinner time, so she has time to prepare for whoever's eating."

Yejin pondered for a second. "Hmm...okay. Perhaps Myeongdong or something for street food...I'm dead broke this week—"

"It's my treat."

"Wangbijib then! It's still at Myeongdong anyway."

Hyun Bin didn't know if he should laugh or sigh at the way their dinner plans went from street food to restaurant-level BBQ, with the cost increasing easily by at least ten times

"You're ripping me off." He narrowed his eyes in mock annoyance at her, to which she pouted adorably and nodded without hesitation.

"..."

"I'm still very sad, Bin."

"Okay let's go to Wanbijib this evening." The doting boyfriend replied almost immediately. "Don't be sad, alright?"

Sighing, the council president said, "What's worse is, the organizers are not replying to any messages from the fans asking for an explanation

Sighing, the council president said, "What's worse is, the organizers are not replying to any messages from the fans asking for an explanation. That makes me so upset."

"How dare they make my girlfriend sad?! I'll go make a fake account and spam the organizer's page with nasty comments."

That got Yejin chuckling. "I mean, we should have known better, the actors' schedules were blank for Saturday. It's also my own fault."

Smiling upon seeing her laugh again, the basketball team captain patted his girlfriend's head gently.

"Look at it this way..." Hyun Bin started, sitting straight up in his bed before taking Yejin's hand in his. "Why would you want them to do this..."

He raised his hand as if doing a presidential wave, nodding and smiling stiffly at his bookshelf and the cabinet full of sports trophies in the room, much to his girlfriend's amusement.

"...when you know on that Saturday, during which they both have nothing officially planned, they are probably doing this—"

The basketball team cradled Yejin's face in his much larger hands, leaning in to kiss her fully on the lips.

Caught by surprise, the Student Council president shyly kissed her boyfriend back, her heart pounding in her ears when she felt him part his lips ever so slightly.

Oh my goodness, she thought inwardly. Why is it that Bin is so...confident and aware of what he's doing?

Needless to say, that couldn't be further away from the truth.

Then, there was a ticklish sensation which got her wanting to giggle more than anything else, as Hyun Bin awkwardly ran the tip of his tongue over her lower lip.

She gasped inaudibly, for it felt really odd, and that was enough to send the basketball team captain leaping back...

...only that he did not quite manage to do so.

Forgetting that their hands were still intertwined, Hyun Bin fell backwards onto his bed, pulling Yejin along such that she leaned heavily into him, with her upper body pressed against his larger frame, and legs straddling his hips.

On the same bed.

For a stunned moment, the young couple stared at each other with widened eyes, breaths quickening and hearts racing.

Goodness. What on earth should I do now? The basketball team captain was almost panicking, just as how his girlfriend was most certainly freaking out behind that very controlled facade of hers.

"Oi, can I borrow your AirPods charging cable? I realized I left mine at the dorm—"

Shit, shit, shit!

"—what the hell? You kids, just shut the damned door!" Hyun Bin's brother, who was back from college to spend spring break with the family, grimaced before ending his sentence with a very audible 'tsk'.

"L-look, it's not what it seems!" The teenage boy spluttered, as Yejin practically jumped off him at lightning speed.

"Yeah, yeah. I used the same line years ago. Forget the cable, I'll come by and get it later."

The door slammed shut, leaving two faces as red as summer tomatoes.