Chapter 20: Confrontation

Streets of Center Tokyo
3:14 P.M.
Bakugo's POV

So let me sum up what happened in the 2 days I was in Jeanist's Agency.

First off, he combed my hair. And to say it was awful is an understatement. I didn't like my hair being combed. I like the way it just is.

But, what are you gonna do.

Second, I was told to wear jeans instead of the baggy pants on my costume and had to get rid of my Grenadier Bracers on my arms.

Apparently, it's to represent that I'm interning with the Fiber Hero in his Agency and to look 'much more presentable' to the public. This was worse than the last one, to say the least.

Why can't I just have free reign over anything I can wear?!

And lastly, I had to be like that for the rest of the Internship Period.

...just why did I get myself into...

We are patrolling around the city gor quite some time now. I just want to beat villains. That's all I ask for! It's so boring just to go around the city all day long.

"Here's a question for you." Jeanist said to me out if the blue. "Patrols are mainly meant to deter villains from commiting any crimes." he summarized a thing I already know.

"But they also have a secondary purpose. What is it?"

Pfft. That's it? With all the junk that Deku has been saying to me about every hero topic he can think of, I can answer this really easily.

"It's to remind the other extr-people who we are. The precense of Heroes gives the public a 'peace of mind' or something along those lines."

"...correct." he says to me. He must've thought I would be saying something like, 'if we see some bad guys, we beat 'em up!'

But I knew better.

Just then, a couple of fangirls came squealing in on Best Jeanist. I just stood by the side as he waved off over to them.

"I can't believe how much you know thus far. You must have someone helping you make good choices right?" Jeanist brought the subject up.

"I didn't need any help!" I yelled at him, but to think about it...without Deku's help, I could've turned out way more differently.

"Hey! I've seen that blonde guy on TV before!" yelled someone, a brat, behind me.

Great. Another fan from the Sports Festival.

"Didn't a villain got him? I bet he cried like a baby!" one more brat pointed out.

That made my blood boil, enough that my hair spiked up again. I can't believe that people still remember that incident.

Calm down. They're just fucking kids.

"Yeah! But he won the Festival! And he's so strong!" cheered another child. Well at least someone is a fan.

"I hope he can sign my notebook."

Heh. Sounds just like someon I know.

"If that's what you want, then why don't say that to my face!" I said, turning to face the young boy.

He stammered a bit before speaking up again.

"U-um..c-c-an y-you s-sign th-this f-for m-me...?" the kid stuttered.

"Tell me something. Do you want to be a hero?" I asked the kid as he answered with a simple, "Y-yes! M-more t-than anything!"

"What's your name?"