Chapter 13: No Such Thing (Shinso vs Midoriya)

3RD POV

Flashback to before the tournament

"So his quirk allows him to control anybody who responds to him?" Midoriya asked Ojiro. "Is there a way to get passed that?"

"Yes. By not giving him a chance to use it and as you said, he can only control other people when you answer him or at least that's what I think it works at least." Ojiro explained.

"So I shouldn't say anything or I'll lose." Midoriya said to him. "Not exactly. Even though he gets you, there's still a chance. For round 2, I don't remember anything at all except for the very end of the battle." Ojiro said as Midoriya perked up.

"I think we were running away after Shinso took Tetsutetsu's headband. I bumped into another person and it was like I woke up. I was me again. And suddenly I was able to think clearly." he explained.

"So that bump broke his hold?" Midoriya asked.

"Maybe. But only a guess." Midoriya hummed at the response.

"Still, I don't know how much of a shock it would take to break his spell. And in a one on one match, you can't count on an outside force intervening to hit you." Ojiro said as he stood up.

"Anyway man, I hope that's helpful cause it's all I know."

"Thank you so much for your help Ojiro." Midoriya thanked him as Ojiro clenched his fist.

"I know this sounds selfish but I'll say it anyway." he said as he turns his clenched fist at Midoriya. "Beat this guy for you and me, alright?"

"I'll do my best." he said as he returned the fist bump.

Flashback End

________________________________________

'No! I fell for it!' Midoriya shouted in his head.

"That's it, I win." Shinso declared as Midoriya stopped on his tracks.

In the stands with the other students, Ojiro exclaimed. "Aah! I warned him not to say anything!"

"Huh?!" Mic said lost for words.

"Why is he not moving?" Iida asked.

"The fight has just began, and Izuku Midoriya is..completely frozen!" Mic exclaimed.

"He's not moving a muscle! And what's with that look on his face? Could this be a quirk at work?!"

"Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned!"

"This is a perfect example of why the Entrance Exam isn't rational." Eraser said to him.

"Why is that?" Mic questioned.

"Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors." Aizawa said as he held a form of Midoriya and Shinso.

"Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the Hero Course. Since he also applied for General Studies, he probably figured out that would happen." Aizawa explained.

"His quirk is incredibly strong. But that entrance test consisted on fighting faux villains."

"Robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical super powers they can show off."

"Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing." Aizawa finished.

_________________________________________