Chapter 9: Vestiges (USJ Finale)

Midoriya's POV

I got sent into the Shipwreck Zone. Water suddenly surrounded me. I quickly regain composure and swam to the surface.

As I was about to to resurface when suddenly a villain with a shark like appearance rushing towards me.

"You're first Kid!" it said as quickly took a stance even if I'm still underwater.

I felt another presence coming toward us but it didn't feel like a villain. As the villain lunged at me, Asui kicked him and grabbed me and swam to the surface.

Her tounge extended and brang me toward the boat. I coughed and gasped for air.

"Thanks so much, Asu-I mean Tsu!" I said quickly remembering what she told us.

"It's alright Midoriya *ribbit*" she said as she carried Mineta towards the boat.

"This is turning out to be an awful day for class.." Asui said to me.

"Yeah I know, but since Iida got out, it shouldn't take long for help to arrive." I replied to her.

"A-At least h-help will come soon!" Mineta said.

"But that doesn't mean we're safe, Mineta." Asui said to him.

"W-what d-do you mean?!"

"Think about it, they said they were trying to kill All Might. I find it hard to believe that they can kill the No. 1 Hero that easily though." I explained to him.

"He's right Mineta *ribbit*. They might have a way to kill him just like they say. So what's to say that we'll survive after they arrive?" Asui pointed out the obvious making the poor guy scared.

"S-she's l-lying r-rig-ht Midoriya?!" he asked me.

"What she's saying is true though. And plus they are also trying to injure, or worse, kill us students." I responded to him.

"But what's more interesting is that they separated us in the different parts of the facility. They probably don't underestimate us since we are Hero Course students.".

"They sent us here though. So maybe the villains know what the facility has before they infiltrated." I explained.

"But with villains this careful in planning, there's something so weird. They sent you here Tsu." I pointed out.

"So what's does that mean, Midoriya? *ribbit*" she questioned.

"Yeah! Why does it matter that she's here?!" Mineta exclaimed.

"They probably don't know our quirks. Since we're just first years." I explained.

"*ribbit* You've got a point. If they know I was a frog, they would've sent me into that fire zone." she said while looking over to the Conflagration Zone.

As I was trying to say something I noticed the villains surround the boat.

"Keep your guards up!" I say to them as Asui got into position while Mineta just sat there.

I quickly come up with a plan to get out of there.

"Tsu, how far can your tongue stretch?" I asked her quietly.

"About 20 meters. Why? *ribbit*" she asked me.

"I'll throw myself into the water to launch a blast of air to the water. After that I'll tell you to grab me with your tongue and jump towards the shore."

"While we're in the air Mineta, throw your balls into the water to restrain them. You got it?" I requested.

"*ribbit*" Asui croaked and nodded.