One

A/N: I'm not native so if you see a mistake, just write for me and I will correct it. Thank you for the votes/comments 💫

This fanfiction has quite disturbing and sad parts, but they are important for the plot. I just leave this here as a warning.

Thanks for everything worldnewprincess

We are around two weeks before the canon Dressrosa arc.

~Story~

You walk into a little bar at the beginning of the New World. The air stinks with the smell of alcohol and mildew. Most of the guests are pirates with evil air but you're used to it.

Why do I always end up at places like this since I left the Navy?

The man you're looking for is sitting in the most hidden corner so you make your way there, taking a deep breath.

I haven't seen him in a while.

Stay calm, [Y/N]. You'll leave this place in a blink of an eye.

You pull your black hood down to hide your face. This doesn't help much though, some pirates start whistling and try to touch you.

But as soon as you walk beside them, they all shut up and turn back to their alcohol silently. Your friend notices it, his attention turns to you before you reach him.

You sit opposite him without a word and drop down your cape to look into his eyes. Then you pull out a folded bounty poster that you treasure more than anything else you own, handing it over to him.

Kuzan looks at you with a lifted brow and takes the piece of run-down paper.

-Long time no see, [Y/N]. But I'm happy you survived these two years, after running away from the war.

-Where is he? -you ask, pointing to the wanted poster. Kuzan unfolds it and his eyes widen when he recognizes the face.

I should work on my manners.

But it has been so much time alone.

-My, my. He isn't a regular pirate anymore. You should rather worry about your bounty, than about this man. How much is yours again...? Mhm... Screw it, some big number. But you seem to forget that I'm not a Navy officer anymore. -sighs the former Admiral.

-Neither am I. But we were friends back then, Kuzan. Please. I owe you my life, but it isn't worth anything if I can't find him.

-Why do you even care if you left the marines?

Because my brother is the last left of my family.

-I'll tell you everything after you found him. I was searching for him for nearly my whole life, and you're my only chance left. -you promise and put the poster back into your pocket.

I couldn't ask you as a marine, but now it's all different.

I have nothing to lose.

Kuzan slowly shakes his head.

-I'll see what I can do. -he says, standing up with a slight smile that you return.

-Be at the Owl-cliff in the East at midnight. If I find out something, I will tell you there. -he continues, then leaves the dirty bar, bending down a bit to avoid hitting his head in the ceiling.