Chapter 19 - Hell Can't be Drunk

[Y/n's pov]

When the siren starts, I almost don't get scared. I jumped a little. Minho looks at me with a small laught.
,,You alright?" he asks, already knowing the answer.
,,Totally." I respond, smiling at him. ,,Let's go and greet our new Greenie." I say, standing up, slaming my palms on the table a little. Newt looks at me in shock. I look at him, smiling and leaving. Minho and Newt, running after me.
,,Are we going to send (Y/n) down there again?" asks Gally. This question was torwards Alby. He looks at me.
,,Why not." I say rolling my eyes, before I laugh.

Siren stops. Gally and Newt catch the sides of metal doors, pulling them open. I look down into the Box. Then Gally opens it, and I jump down there.
,,Hey Greenie." I greet, not knowing where the Greenie is, but to make sure he knows where I am, so he doesn't get scared.
Before I can do anything a guy jumps out from behind me, wraping his hand around my throat. I can hear all the Gladers protest up there, yelling something. Mostly I hear a British voice.
,,Who are you?!" asks Greenie, with his arm around my neck. ,,Who am I?!" he panics, tighting the grib. I catch his wrist, spining the arm over my head, and behind his back, pressing him on the metal wall, with his arm twisted behind his back.
,,Honey, you need to calm down." I say kindly, trying my best not to hurt him.
,,You know, this is kind of hot." he says, and I can hear the smirk on his face. I roll my eyes and let go off him. He turns around, looking at me.
,,I'm (Y/n). Don't worry, you will remember your name soon. These guys will help us up, don't worry, they have no reason to hurt you, if you don't hurt them first." I explain quickly. He nodds. I turn around facing the Glader up there.
,,Little help here?" I say. Then the Gladers reach down with their hands, to help us up. I push the Greenie towards them, as he gets pulled up. Then I carry the boxes, until I'm the only one left in the Box. I look up, noticing only two pairs of hands. I catch both of them, being pulled up by Newt and Minho.
~
The Glade is buzzing with the excitment of all the Gladers about bonfire.
,,Hey! Ready for a bonfire?" I ask Greenie, when I notice him, wandring around a little lost.
,,Yeah! Totally!" he tries to sound excited. ,,Is something bad about to happen?" he asks worried.
,,No! Bonfires are fun." I say smiling, not mentioning I got beaten up at the last one. Alfred haven't left the pit since.
,,Great, I was getting scared.. I'm sorry about earlier." he says slowly, looking at the ground.
,,It's alright." I say, slightly touching his upper arm. ,,I get it you were scared." I say with smile, removing my hand.
,,Yesh, Glade full of boys, you being the only girl here..." he continues and I laugh a little.
,,They are.. really kind." I say, looking at Newt, without his hoodie, carrying wood.
~
When the fire is already half way through, a guy comes to me.
,,Hey." says British sitting next to me. He doesn't have his hoodie on.
,,Hi." I greet, holding my glass full of Gally's drink. ,,How are you my greatest friend?" I ask, feeling I already had a little too much of the drink.
,,Are you alright princess?" he asks touching my face slightly. I rest my head on his hand.
,,Totaly." I say with smile, closing my eyes. Then I take another sip of the drink.
,,How many have you drank?" he asks looking at my hand.
,,Few, like 6 or 12, I dunno, lost the count." I giggle, leaning on Newt. He backs off.
,,Princess, you are drunk as hell." he says, holding me up with his hands.
,,Hell can't be drunk." I argue frowning. Then I look at the drink. ,,Also, this must be something close to holy water." I continue, looking back at Newt, who seems really worried.
,,Wha-"
,,Gally must have boiled the hell out of it." I burst into a laugh.
,,Princess, you are drunk. You should go and have some rest." he says, and touches my face slightly.
,,No, I'm having fun Newtie, I don't wanna go to bed!" I protest. He stands up. ,,No, don't leave me." I say.
,,Then come with me." he suggests. I stand up, following him. The moment I stand up, the whole world starts to swim. Newt catches me right away.
,,I think I'm gonna be sick." I say honestly.
,,I know princess, I know." he says, leading me away from the fire. To my hut. Then I feel urge to throw up, and I rush towards the near bush. Newt right behind me, holding my hair behind. ,,It's gonna be better tomorrow." he says kindly.

We enter my hut, him carrying a glass of water. The moment I enter, I know my shirt is dirty so I want to change. I take off my shirt. I hear Newt turning away. I go to my chest, trying to open it. I can't do it and I kick it. Newt handing me his hoodie, with his eyes closed.
,,Thanks." I say, putting it on, taking off my jeans.
,,May I?" he asks, I nodd. ,,Go to bed (Y/n)." he suggests. I look at him with smile, as he leads me to bed, laying me there. Then he turns around, ready to leave.
,,No!" I say, catching his wrist. He turns around to look at me.
,,What's wrong?" he asks.
,,Stay with me." I say, pulling him down on the bed by his wrist. He looses his balance, falling on top of me.
,,(Y/n)! What are you doing?" He asks. Holding up on his elbows.
,,Shh. I'm trying to sleep." I answer, wraping my hand around his torso, pulling him closer to me. Falling asleep the moment I close my eyes

I wake up with horrible headace. I feel my hand connected with another. At first I think it's my own, but then the person rubs my hand with his thumb. I don't remember anything, and my head hurts like klunk.
I look at the strangers hand, realising, that my back's leaned against his chest. That's when I notice something and I know who's hand is this. Feeling much calmer, safer and comfortable, I squeeze his hand, pulling our connected hands under my head, falling asleep again.

I wake up with one of my hand under my head and Newt holding me tightly around the waist, holding me close to his body. I feel his steady breath on my neck, feeling so relaxed. My head doesn't hurt that much. I look at my watch, noticing I have Newt's hoodie on. Then I remember taking off my clothes.
I look at the watch, noticing it's already 11 am.
,,Holy Klunk." I say, sitting up with Newt's hand still around my waist. My head hurting again.
,,OMG, I'm sorry!" says quickly Newt taking of his hand.
,,It's all right." I say, pushing away the blanket.
,,What time is it?" Newt asks sleepily.
,,11 am.." I answer slowly.
,,You kidding?" he asks raising his own watch. Then he looks at me. ,,Holy klunk, this is the longest I ever slept here." he says.
,,You serious?" I ask. ,,Do you think they were looking for us?" I ask, putting on my trousers.
,,Maybe." says Newt, getting out off the bed.
,,Here." I say, throwing his hoodie at him, putting on shirt.
,,Thanks." he replies, putting it on right away. Then we leave my hut, to already buzzing Glade.

,,Good Morning, or as I should say, noon." says Alby the moment he notices us entering the kitchen. He's sitting at our table.
,,Hi." I say with Newt in union.
,,I woke up, Newt nowhere to find, where the hell were you?!" asks Alby looking at Newt.
,,In (Y/n's) hut.." admits Newt slowly.
,,What?" Alby asks, looking at Newt, then at me and back. ,,What were you doing? No wait, don't!" he says looking away.
,,(Y/n) was drunk, so I took her to her hut, but she asked me to stay." explains Newt. I remember grabbing his wrist, and kinda forcing him into staying.
,,Oh really?" Alby asks with raised eyebrows.
,,I think I actually forced you to stay.." I admit sitting down, because my head is spinning. Alby looking at me, with something like disbelief, but also like he's great full, that Newt stayed with me.
,,You alright?" asks Newt.
,,Little dizzy."
,,I'll get you a water." he closes it, leaving me with Alby.
,,I need to say thank you, I guess." says Alby slowly. I turn to face him, looking at him with a shock.
,,What are you talking about?" I ask.
,,He hasn't slept for this long since first death here... Also, he looks so happy around you, you know, I was so worried about him, and then you came.." Alby explains, looking at Newt, with lost gaze. I follow his lead. Newt turning to face us. Smiling. And this is the moment I realize, that all the sadness I saw the day he first smiled at me is gone. That this is the purest smile he ever gave me, this is the smile telling me, I'm happy. I look at him, smiling lovingly.