Chapter 4 - Rule number four

[Y/n's pov.]
,,Why does Newt get her first?!"
,,That's so unfair!"
,,I wanted her first!"
,,After while with me, she'll never want to leave me!"
,,Why Newt? Hey girl! I'm much more better!"
I hear all the boys argue down there as I slowly without any noice move to other corner. Shit I don't have any weapon.. what if he will hurt me? As the boys arguing continue, I can hear first trap door open and close, as the British boy, who's name is Newt, as I catched with the stupid stuff the boys were saying, is going up.
After while I hear loud sigh from down there.

,,Alright shanks! That's enough!" Alby said. I stop at the word shank, again, something I dunno what that means. Newt who was climbing up stoped himself, to listen what the boy was about to say.
,,I don't want to hear this stupid klunks anymore. Someone who says something like this goes to pit for one night!" I dunno what pit is, but it doesn't sound good, which only makes me feel more safe.
,,Also," Alby continues. ,,anyone, who touches the girl, or do anything, againts her will, will be thrown into the pit for a week!" he yells so all the boys, and of course me, can hear it. But he didn't stop at this.
,,If you'll do anything again, after the week in pit, you will be banished!" with the last word shiver runs down my spine. And with this sentence some boys snap out of their mindless standing there.
,,From now on, it's new rule! The fourth rule! If you touch her againts her will or without permission, you go straight to pit, if it happens again, you are going to be banished!" he says finally ending his dialog. To be honest I wanna clap to him. His actions right now, made me feel safier in this place. Imma thank him later.

,,You can't make fourth rule without gathering Alby!" some arogant voice calls from the group of the boys.

,,I don't need shucking gathering for this you slinthead!" Alby yells. ,,I can do this, and if you would just listen to yourself what you were saying to her, you would do that as well. Now everyone, go get back to your work!" this is the last thing Alby says. Then some boys let out breath sadly and some just walk away.

Newt started climbing up again.

I look around myself again, looking for something I can use as weapon. Omg, there is machete here. I take it and aim it right to trap door as it opens. First thing I see from Newt are his sandy blond hair. In a while his chocolate brown eyes show up. As he lays his sight on machete in my hands, his eyes widen in fear.

,,Whoah, easy there princess." he says and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. But still holding up my machete. ,,Hi, I'm Newt," he says, still looking at the machete, but making eye contact when he said his name. Looking into his eyes make me feel safer, and more comfortable.

With this, my hands go little bit lower, but still aimed at him.

,,You will remember your name soon, that's kinda what these shanks let us remember." he continues.

,,(Y/n)" I say, still looking at him. Machete in my hands is lower that I would like it, but I can't make myself put it up.

,,What did you just say?"
,,My name, it's (Y/n)."
,,Oh, pleasure to meet you (Y/n)." he says as we make another eye contact, but this time we hold it longer. ,,Can you please put down this machete?" he asks with eyes glued to the machete and little laugh escaping his mouth. I smile at him weakly, putting down my only weapon. ,,Thank you."

,,What is this place?" I finally ask after two weeks being here.
,,This is Glade, and we call ourselved Gladers." Newt answers, but still I don't understand. ,,I can give you a tour around here?" he suggests. I slowly nod after I look down at the Glade.