Chapter 21 (smut)

Chapter 21

S T E F A N

"Marry me, Ollie." This time, I straightened my back and spoke in a firmer tone, the certainty in my voice is so evident, it almost surprised me.

This is not the way I wanted to propose. I should be asking for my baby boy's hand right after I visit his parents, and in the most extravagant manner befitting of my most precious, I will make him feel even more how a treasure he is to me. But right now, several emotions are overwhelming us, and my proposal just made the situation tenser.

It was not my intention to make him feel guilty at all. I should have not followed Isaac's instructions. Now, Ollie is so guilty he might actually say yes to me. He did just a second ago out of surprise. No, I want him to answer me with absolute certainty.

I want him to accept my proposal because he wants to marry me and be with me for the rest of our lives. This situation is backfiring on me. A few hours ago, before I chased my baby and found him and Devon in a very uncompromising situation, Isaac visited my place. Trevor's order.

Such a pain in the ass he is. Thank god I'm not Jesse. I don't have to deal with my jerk-ass friend. Owe it to being emotionally exhausted and physically drained, all my defenses were down and when Isaac wore his therapist gown on, I poured my heart out.

Every insecurity I had in our relationship was made known to my friend, and he listened throughout. Then he suggested to confront Ollie about his actions, and tell him how I felt about them. Isaac said that I can also test Ollie's love for me this way.

It was a very attractive proposition. All of the things I said to Ollie were not made up. Because up until now, the fear and the pain are still there.

I don't want to take him on a guilt trip, but I guess that's the impression my words made. I am also at fault. I should have made my words and actions clearer to ease my baby's insecurities. Through all the hours I spent thinking, away from Ollie and by his side, I only came up with a feasible solution that will help our insecurities vanish.

Marriage.

Then I will have my mark on Ollie and no one will be able to take him away from me. My baby won't have to worry about me leaving him and liking someone else because that will never happen. Even if I die. Because Ollie is 'it' for me. He is the one I've been looking for my whole life. No one else.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard a soft sob, and I saw Ollie on his toes, out of the bed, clutching his stuffie to his chest, his head bowed down.

"Stef...why? I hurt you. Why would you want to marry someone who broke your trust?" His voice was so soft and the uncertainty in his tone is so palpable I had no choice but to rush towards him and lift him, wrapping his legs around my waist. My arm supported his back while my other hand cupped his nape and pulled his face towards me, as I gave him the gentlest kiss I could possibly muster, making him feel how much my love overflows for him.

"Baby, I love you so fucking much, the word love doesn't even hold a candle for my feelings for you. Please, believe me. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. You hurt me, yes, but you're not the only one at fault. I guess what I did was not enough to make you feel--"

"No!" Ollie cut me off and enclosed my face with both of his hands, dropping his stuffie, but that doesn't even matter right now as he stared down at me, full of love and trust, and confusion.