Chapter 41

A/N - 50th Anniversary special is next! Trust me when I say that you are not ready for it. So many reveals and even more questions! Might start writing it later.

The secret entrance led to catacombs.

"Where are we?" Clara asked.

"Catacombs," the Doctor said.

"I hate catacombs. So how come I met your dead wife?"

"Oh well, you know how it is when you lose someone close to you. It helps to have a backup."

One of the creatures appeared, following them.

"Clara, come on! Run, run!"

They burst through a steel door.

"Come on, quickly, we're in."

One of the creatures grabbed Clara.

"Doctor!"

"Clara!"

Elise and the Doctor pulled her away and the Doctor slammed the door on its hand.

Eventually, it pulled its hand out of the door and the Doctor closed it. "Yowza."

They headed up a set of metal stairs.

"Still a bit of a climb. I think I remember the way," the Doctor told them.

Clara started to falter.

"Clara? Clara. Hey, it's okay. You're fine. The dimensioning forces this deep in the TARDIS, they can make you a bit giddy."

Clara pulled away from him. "I know, I know. How do I know? How do I know that?"

"Clara, it's okay. You're fine."

"Have we, have we done this before? We have. We have done this before. Climbing through a wrecked TARDIS. You said things, things I'm not supposed to remember."

"We can't do this now. The TARDIS is a ruin. The telepathic circuits are awakening memories you shouldn't even have. Clara. Clara? Clara, what's wrong?"

"What do you mean, you keep meeting me? You said I died. How could I die?"

"That is not a conversation you should even remember."

"What do you mean I died?"

"The girl who died he tried to save. She'll die again inside his grave."

"Run. Run!"

They finally made it the entrance of the tomb.

Dr. Simeon was there with Madame Vastra, Strax, and Jenny. "The doors require a key. The key is a word. And the word is the Doctor's," Simeon said.

"Here I am, late to my own funeral. Glad you could make it."

"Open the door, Doctor. Speak, and open your tomb."

"No."

"Because you know what's in there?"

"I will not open those doors."

"The key is a word lost to time. A secret hidden in the deepest shadow and know to you alone. The answer to a question."

"I will not open my tomb."

"Doctor, what is your name?" Simeon grabbed the Doctor's face and the Doctor threw his hand off him. "The Doctor's friends and his precious daughter. Stop their hearts."