Chapter 23

A/N - I'm not really happy with this chapter, but I hope you like certain parts.

"Yes, it's a spaceship. Yes, it's bigger on the inside. Now, I don't have time to talk about it," the Doctor said, racing to the controls.

"But...but...but...but it's," Clara stuttered. "Shut up, please. Short hops are difficult."

"No they aren't. You just don't know how to drive her," Elise said, trying to calm Clara. This one was having difficulty processing what was going on.

"Both of you, shut up!"

"Bigger on the inside. Actually bigger," Clara said.

They landed with a thud.

"Right, come on!" the Doctor told them.

"We're going to go back out there?" Clara asked.

"We've moved. It's a spaceship. We flew away."

"Away from the plane?"

"Not exactly." The Doctor threw open the door and they were on the plane.

"How did we get here?"

"It's a ship. I told you. It's all very sciency."

They ran towards the cockpit.

"This is the plane? The actual plane? Are they all dead?"

"Asleep. Switched off by the WiFi. Never mind them." The Doctor soniced the cockpit door.

"What is going on? Is this real? Please, tell me what is happening!" Clara demanded.

"I'm the Doctor. This is my daughter Elise, who's really not my daughter. We're aliens from outer space. I'm a thousand years old, I've got two hearts and I can't fly a plane! Can you?"

"No."

Elise rolled her eyes. "Oh, get out of my way!" She pushed her father out of the way and grabbed the controls. Her fingers flew across the buttons as she flew the airplane.

Soon enough, the pilots came to.

Elise got up and turned to her father and Clara who were staring at her with wide eyes. "What? I read a book in the TARDIS library."

The Doctor laughed and grabbed her face, kissing her forehead. "You are brilliant. My brave, clever girl."

"What the hell's going on?" the pilot asked.

"Well, I'm blocking your Wi-Fi so you're waking up, for a start," the Doctor told him, "Tell you what, do you want to drive?"

"Okay. When are you going to explain to me what the hell is going on?" Clara asked when they got back to the TARDIS.

"Breakfast," the Doctor told her.

"What? I ain't waiting till breakfast."

"It's a time machine. You never have to wait for breakfast." The Doctor threw open the door and walked out to a crowd cheering. "Thank you, thank you. Yes, magic blue box."

He held out his fez and people started putting money in it. "All donations gratefully accepted. Roll up, give us your dosh. Pennies, pounds, anything you've got." He handed it to Clara. "Keep collecting. We need enough for breakfast. Just popping back to the garage."

"Garage?" Elise and Clara asked.

Elise didn't even know they had a garage in the TARDIS.

"So this is tomorrow, then. Tomorrow's come early," Clara said.