Chapter 37

A/N - This week will have two chapters posted, just to get us closer to the 50th Anniversary episode and because I have time.

They all stepped out of the TARDIS.

"Well, here we are. Hedgewick's World. The biggest and best amusement park there will ever be, and we've got a golden ticket. Eh? Eh? Fun," the Doctor said, hopping up on a fake rock.

Elise rolled her eyes.

"What? You used to love this place!" the Doctor told her.

"Then I grew up." The Doctor frowned.

She used to know how to laugh, now it seemed she only became more and more jaded as time went on.

"Your stupid box can't even get us to the right place. This is like a moon base or something," Angie said.

"It's not the moon," the Doctor told her.

"Actually, I think it does look like the moon, only dirtier," Artie said.

"Hey. Guys. It's not the moon, okay? It's a Spacey Zoomer ride, or it was."

A door opened in one of the rocks and a man stepped out. "Psst. Excuse I...I don't suppose you happen to be my lift off planet? Dave's Discount Interstellar Removals?"

"Afraid not," Clara told him.

"They were meant to be here six months ago. Well, that's Dave for you, see? Unreliable."

"Stay where you are!" a voice yelled.

A bunch of soldiers came running in as the man ducked back inside his hiding spot. "Throw down your weapons and identify yourselves."

"No. No weapons," the Doctor said. He pulled out the golden ticket. "Golden ticket. Spacey Zoomer. Free ice cream?"

"Who are you? This planet is closed, by Imperial order."

"How's this?" The Doctor pulled out his psychic paper.

"Oh. Welcome, Proconsul. I wish they'd told us you were coming. Any news of the Emperor?"

The Doctor stood on a rock and straightened his bow-tie. "Oh, the Emperor. No, no. None that you'd..."

"We pray for his return. If there is anything you need, my platoon is at your service."

"Right. Righty-o. Well, carry on, Captain." He gave her a salute and the captain saluted back.

"Platoon, let's move out! On the double. Two, three, four. Two, three, four. Two, three, four."

The soldiers ran out of the room and the man from earlier poked his head out. "Have they gone?"

"Yes," the Doctor told him.

"Uniforms give me the heebie-jeebies. Come on. They can't stop me being here, but they don't like it."

The man led them deeper into the defunct amusement park.

"Ha, ha! You see? I told you it was amazing. Well, it used to be," the Doctor said.

Nature was taking over the landscape.

"It closed down. Wish I'd known that before I landed here. But let me show you my collection. Come along. Follow me. This way. This way in, come on," the man urged.

They came to a room with couches and wax figures.

"Welcome to my ship. Webley's World of Wonders. Miracles, marvels and more await you. I am Impresario Webley. You see before you waxwork representations of the famous and the infamous. Anybody here play chess?"