Chapter 9

Solomon, his robots, Neffy, and Elise appeared on a smaller spaceship.

The engines were running but they weren't moving.

"Come on, come on, we're not moving. He's magnetized us. We can't move away," Solomon said.

"Thank you," Neffy told Elise.

The young Timelord looked at her. "For what?"

"Sacrificing your freedom for me. Not everyone would have done that. I seem to have misjudged you. You will be a fierce Queen one day."

Elise laughed. "Queen Elise does sound good doesn't it?" Elise took Neffy's hand in hers and said, "He'll come."

"Are you sure?"

Elise nodded. "He'll always come for me." So Elise wasn't surprised when the Doctor appeared in the small spaceship.

"Hello! Having trouble leaving?" He shorted out the robots with some spare power cables.

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do," they sang as they died.

"Ship's still magnetized. Just couldn't bear to lose you."

"Release my ship, Doctor, or I kill this precious little object," Solomon said, holding a small device to Elise's neck.

Neffy kicked Solomon's crutch. He fell over as she grabbed it and pointed it at his throat. "We are not your possessions now, nor will we ever be. Now, stay there," Neffy growled.

"Don't mess with Egyptian Queens, Solomon. I hope you've learnt that now," the Doctor told him. He walked around Solomon and embraced Elise.

"I knew you'd come," she said.

The Doctor smiled. "I'll always come for you." The Doctor walked over to the controls.

"What are you doing?" Solomon asked.

"Disabling this ship's signal and replacing it with the one from the Silurian ship. I send this craft off emitting the signal they're looking for, the missiles will follow. Hopefully, Silurian ship safe, dinosaurs' safe, everybody safe. Bit tight for time, though. Shouldn't really be chatting. Neffy, Elise, let's go."

Neffy ran off the ship, but Elise stood by the Doctor's side.

"How remiss of me. Almost forgot. The thing about missiles, very literal. This is what they latch on to." He placed an object on the table and pulled out his sonic screwdriver. "Now, one press of this and the ship's demagnetized."

"Doctor, whatever you want, I can get it for you. Whatever object you desire."

"Did the Silurians beg you to stop? Look, Solomon. The missiles. See them shine? See how valuable they are. And they're all yours."

The Doctor and Elise ran off the spaceship.

"You wouldn't leave me, Doctor!"

The Doctor turned back to him with a dark look. "There's nothing I wouldn't do to get my daughter back." He closed the gate. "Enjoy your bounty."

The Doctor and Elise walked off as the small ship shot out into space.

The missiles locked on and followed.

A few seconds later, the ship blew up.

They all made their way back to the TARDIS.

"So, dinosaur drop off time," the Doctor said.

"Actually, we think home for us," Rory told him.

"Oh. Fine. Of course."

"Not forever, just a couple of months," reassured Amy.

"Right. Yes. I'm pretty busy anyway. I mean, I've got to drop everyone back."

"About that. Can I ask a favor? There's something I want to see," Brian told them.

After loading everyone into the TARDIS, the Doctor let her drift in the earth's orbit.

Brian sat in the opening of the TARDIS having his lunch, which consisted of a sandwich and a thermos of tea.

Amy and Rory stood behind him as dinosaurs roared within the depths of the TARDIS.

They dropped the Ponds off at home, Neffy and Riddell back in Africa, before finding a new planet for the dinosaurs.

"Home sweet home!" the Doctor said, throwing his arm around Elise's shoulders.

"They look happy," she said.

"They do, don't they?"

"I just hope they didn't eat Orion."

The Doctor laughed and they went back inside the TARDIS. The Doctor put her in flight and then turned to Elise.

"What?" she asked.

"Why did you go with Neffy?"

"Because I knew you'd come for us."

"And what if I hadn't? What if I hadn't been able to get you back in time? What if the ship blew up?"

"I knew it wouldn't. Because you're the Doctor. You're the cleverest person I've ever met. I knew you'd find a way to get me back."

The Doctor sighed. "You have too much faith in me."

"You know what I think? I think you don't have enough in yourself."

The Doctor stroked her cheek. "Only when it comes to you."