forty nine.

Guysss, hii.

Okay, I'm sorry I know it's been long since I updated last but I've been busy and I really had zero energy to write.

Anyway, here's the chapter, kind of angsty. Hope you guys will like it ::))

It only has Wajeeh content, no Wafaa or Mannat for that matter.

Unedited.

__

Wajeeh.

"Is everything alright between you and Mannat?"

Bert was not stupid, in fact he was highly observant and I was quite sure that he would ask me this question ever since we decided to stay in the same room. He had been able to notice my desperation and the detachment on her face in response to that.

"Yeah, as fine as it can be."

I replied with a curt nod, since I couldn't tell him the reality of my existence or even Mannat's for that matter.

"I know that I have always been closer to Mannat but truly, I wanted to check up on you this time."

I frowned, not expecting the words to come out of Bert's mouth. He had always been the second closest to my wife after Melody. She was always there to support him and he returned the favour as well as he could.

While we all whined about his art galleries and collections and how we didn't want to be a part of it because it was boring, Mannat stood by his side no matter how late and boring it got. She always wanted to support him and quite literally scolded us all for not being supportive enough.

"On me? Why?"

If he knew my reality, he would probably run in the opposite direction. He would understand that he didn't need to check up on me because even now, I had two guns stuffed under my clothing and a smaller gun in my boot.

If he knew my reality, he would understand that the so called guards downstairs weren't just a security measure, they were my men who would die just to protect me.

Bert looked at me as I waited for his answer. After a few moments, I felt him take a deep sigh as if he couldn't hold it in any longer.

"I know, Wajeeh." He stated, I feigned ignorance. 

"You know what?" I enquired, as if I hadn't just understood what he meant by his words.

"I know." Bert insisted, letting out a shrug.

I did not understand how much he knew and I did not want to rush into anything. There was quite possibly a chance that he knew some of my truth and I had to know what part he had come to know.

"And how do you know?" I asked back in the same tone, he stood up and took off the leather jacket he was wearing, as if it had been making him uncomfortable.