forty two.

Late night update but I didn't want to break my daily update thingy lol.

anyway, I hope you guys have been enjoying the story. I couldn't reply to all the comments but trust me I read them and I'm so glad that you guys are so passionate about Mannat and Wafaa.

Make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what y'all think.

Mannat x Wajeeh

Mannat x Wajeeh

If it wasn't for her constant anxiety and worry, she would have probably slept by now as she was quite tired of waiting for him. you wasn't replying to any of her text messages and neither had he picked up a single phone call, which further indicated that something was clearly up.

He had been a little on the edge after receiving the phone call but she knew that Wafaa was in trouble. She knew that because he had asked about her over the phone and then clenched his jaw after hearing the response.

Mannat had enquired about it all but she hadn't really received a clear answer, since he didn't know the entire matter himself.

Now, hours later..he was still not home. Or maybe he was. She hadn't really gone outside to even check.

She had lit up some scented candles to get rid of the tension she felt, had even played some music and tried to distract herself with a television show but nothing had been of use.

Now, here she was..pacing around the room and waiting for him to come back.

Around 20 minutes later, the door finally opened and she saw him enter with cautioned steps, as if he was thinking that she must have slept by now and he didn't want to disturb her.

Instead, he found her right in front of him with a face filled with worry and her tensed body relaxing as she laid her eyes on him.

Mannat didn't even let him walk towards her as she quickly closed the distance between them and pulled him close, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight grip.

Her embrace was warm and he melted, finally relaxing as his own hands wrapped around her waist and he stilled, letting every thought fade away as he only felt her for a while.

When he was in her arms, every worry, every thought, every plan..it all seemed to fade away. In those few moments, it was just her and him. Nothing else mattered, nothing else remained. Wajeeh let out a sigh, tightening his grip on her as he found her trying to pull out of the hug.

Mannat only hummed in understanding and let him remain that way for a while. His lips were on her neck and her head was on his shoulder and everything seemed just right for a moment or so.

He could smell the soft scent of shea butter and Lavender and he knew that she was also trying to calm her nerves. He had barely informed her of anything.