Twenty.

Make sure to vote and comment. This was a very fun chapter to write honestly.

Another sorta reveal in this one so buckle up.

Uff.

Wafaa

Wafaa.

..Entering the room, I uncovered my face and closed the door. I had not bothered to put any makeup on, I had not bothered to hide the bruises and the busted lip and I was not planning to hide my face from him. I wanted him to see it. I wanted to know what he thought of it if he would even notice it. I wanted to know if he agreed with the violence that the women in our world suffered at the hands of the men in their families. I wanted to know if he was just a monster behind a pretty face. I wanted to know if I would get hurt by him in the future or not. I wanted to know all of it and more.

I did not want to know if he cared enough to look at my face and feel some sort of thing because I knew that he was in love with another and I was, too. He hardly considered me his wife but I still wanted to see if he had humanity and basic decency inside of him, at least for someone who was his wife.

As the door slammed behind me, he jolted awake clutching his gun that was under his pillow. He had once told me that he trusted me enough not to murder him in his sleep, yet he always kept a gun under his pillow and also knew that I didn't have it in me to kill someone.

He looked at me with a calm expression on his face, pushing the gun back under the pillow as he stared at me. It was only eight in the morning, he woke up late.

Atleast, that was what I had experienced in the past two weeks of living with him. I had only gone back to my village for two days and had returned with a busted lip and bruised cheek, courtesy of my brother's running hands and my sharp mouth.

I knew that Wajeeh was just about to scowl at me for slamming the door so hard or either just ignoring my presence in general but then, his eyes moved to my face properly and he frowned, sitting up.

I walked a little close to him, mumbling a hello and taking the dupatta off my head. He didn't say anything for a few seconds and I realised that he was probably going to ignore it. He was going to ignore the fact that his wife got beaten up by someone.

Was I married to a man who hit women?

He had said that he didn't hurt women. Was he a liar like the rest of them? Ofcourse, he was. He was lying to the love of his life so easily. Who even was I?

I was about to barge inside the bathroom and just shower for to get rid of the pain for a while but before I could even move, I felt him behind me.

"Turn around." He said it very quietly, I was surprised that even i heard it.

I turned around to stare at him.

"What happened?" He asked, his voice held no care or concern for me, just plain curiosity I guess.