fifty six.

Hi guys.

Another long chapter. Almost 9400 words.

Make sure to vote and comment, tell me what y'all think. Don't fight too much in the comments though 😂

Thanks for all the love. Unedited.

 Unedited

His heart beat fast against his chest as he chased after another woman. He had made up his mind just a few hours ago. He had decided that he would let Wafaa go, he would make sure that she was with Iskander and she would leave her once everything got settled. He didn't have the power to give up on Mannat, he couldn't deal with the thought of not being able to speak with her, of not being able to love her, touch her, look at her.

But then, she had simply asked one innocent question and he was back to being confused fuck again.

Would you be able to bear my absence?

He really did not know. And the thought was clawing at his heart.

So he walked and walked and walked, only to come at a halt when he found her in a parking lot. She wasn't alone. She had someone with her.

Most of the times, just to deal with his conscience, he would tell himself that she was all alone and she needed him just to feel better about everything else.

But right now, he had no no excuse. She had someone who cared for her, she had someone who loved her, she had someone who would always prioritise her and the noble thing to do was just walk away from both of them.

Instead, he only walked towards them.

He was a selfish human being. He couldn't let Mannat go, because his life started and ended with her. He couldn't survive without her and her love.

And then there was Wafaa. He didn't want to let her go, not when there was a chance that she would never look back.

He knew it was disgusting. It was so disgusting to leave two women confused and hanging but he was just so exhausted with not understanding what he wanted and who he wanted to be with.

Even now, he knew that his first priority was Mannat but he also knew that she would understand his dilemma and his complications but Wafaa wouldn't.

What if she suddenly realised that Iskander was the better choice and left him? Would he be able to take that? Would he be able to take that she didn't love him enough and left him? Was it even fair of him to think this way?

It wasn't.

It couldn't be.

He saw the view in front of him and walked close enough to hear what was being said.

"So you're telling me that he didn't say anything? Why did you rush out crying then?" Iskander was standing near her, not close enough to pull her in his arms but close enough to see the expression on her face.