Chapter 12: The Deal's Off

With Amity back in her "home," she was still being dragged by her brother to her room. She struggled in his new grip as he continued to pull her forward.

"Let me go, Edric!" Amity shouted at him.

"Not until you are back in your room and you tell me what she told you!" he said to her as Emira came to them, hearing their yelling.

"Why would I tell you? And why would you suddenly care?!" Amity shouted back at him as he stopped and turned to her.

"Because I'm your brother and I'm trying to protect you!" he shouted at her as something inside Amity just...snapped.

Protect her? When have they ever done that? All their lives, for as long as Amity could remember, Edric and Emira were just thorns in her side! The teasing, the pranking, the constant ignorance to common decency! They cut class, they cause chaos just for fun, and they think it's funny to embarrass her whenever they pleased! Now they choose the be good siblings?! Even after the whole wailing star incident at the library, they were half-assing it just for appearance and now they actually care! That's bull-hunky!

"Protect me? Protect me?!" Amity shouted as she yank her arm free, growling at him. "Since when have you or Em ever looked out for me without being told?! You two do nothing but cause trouble for me and everyone around you just for a laugh!"

"Well this time is different, Mittens! This thing that's been going on with you is serious!" Emira said as she reached a hand out to Amity. "We just want to help get things back to normal!"

"What? Like you two being the lying trouble makers of the family and me being the honest girl that still pays for your behavior!?" she questioned them.

"Look Mittens-" Edric said before Amity cut him off!

"SHUT UP!" Amity shouted at them, her eyes becoming green and her pupils becoming slits for a moment before changing back to normal.

This caused the twins to recoil in shock, seeing their little sister snap at them and her eyes changing in a flash.

'Oh god, how fast is it progressing?!' they thought in shock as Amity marched up to them.

"You two think after a life time of crap and pranks that you can suddenly become the "perfect" big brother and sister that can make all of my problems and worries disappear?!" she shouted at them as they took steps back, backs against the wall as Amity shouted at them. "Well news flash, that crap ain't gonna fly with me or anyone with a working brain!"

"C-Come on, Mittens. Those were just harmless jokes." Emira said with her hands up.

"JOKES?! Jokes are only funny when both or everyone laughs from it and I have NEVER laughed from your stupid "jokes! The freshest example is that student you pulled with the books on the night of the Wailing Star!" Amity shouted as she pointed to herself, her nails growing sharp without anyone noticing. "Luz and I were almost sewn into a book by a monstrous Otabin because of your scribbling! And that is only one of hundreds of incidents that I am sick of dealing with!

"Look, Mittens." Edric tried to say while reaching out to her before she slapped his hand away.

"My name is Amity, not Mittens! I am done with that stupid nickname and I AM DONE WITH BOTH OF YOU!" Amity shouted as she leaned forward, shouting loud enough that it could be heard throughout the entire mansion. "AS OF TODAY, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, YOU ARE NO SIBLINGS OF MINE!"

With huffing in her chest and turning on her heels, Amity stomped up all the way up to her room and slammed the door shut as Edric and Emira stood in shock from what Amity just screamed in their faces. It hurt more than anything they could ever think of, more then getting in trouble with the teachers at school, getting hit with a spell in practice class, or being grounded by their parents. It hurt like a knife stabbing through their very hearts and ripping them open while they were still breathing. Though they didn't show it much, Edric and Emira really did care for Amity but looking back after all she shouted at them, they realized they could've shown it a BIT better then all the pranking, teasing, and embarrassing Amity.

'Are we...really that horrible?' they thought as the same time as they looked towards each other, sorrowful looks growing as they moved away from the wall and walked into the den.

They sat on a couch in silence as they looked back at the memories with Amity that were actually good with her but they found that those were rarities, birthdays or after being told to get along, while the rest of them were of Amity getting irritated at them, getting pranked by them, getting in trouble because of them, and getting annoyed by whatever they did that wasn't "proper."

"We're...good siblings, right Em?" Edric asked his sister, the more rational side of their dynamic.

Emira wanted to say they were but it wasn't easy going over all that's happened in the life as a family and before she could answer him, a ring from her scroll came as she was brought out of her sad thoughts. Pulling out her scroll, Emira answered it to see a message from the demon hunters.

'We need to meet. NOW.' - Demon Hunters

"We can talk about our relationship with Mit-Amity later." Emira said with a quick correction as she showed the message to her male twin. "The hunters want to meet us for some reason and it looks like it's urgent."

Edric let out a groan, not wanting to deal with this after a rather harsh words Amity had with them but he had to suck it up and see what the hunters wanted since it's only been about a day since they hired them to look out for Amity.

"Fine, where do they want to meet?" Edric asked as Emira replied messaged back on her scroll.

'Location?'- Emira.

She got an instant reply that made her a bit surprised.

'Your backyard, I'm here now.' - Demon Hunter.

"He's...in our backyard. Right now." Emira said as Edric adopted a surprised look too.

The twins quickly rushed out to the backyard of their manor home and looked around for the hunter, hearing rustling from the trees near the edge of their property wall.

"Over there." Edric said as he pointed to the trees, running to them with Emira following.

Coming up to the tree, the twins looked up and saw the demon hunter with his hood up and the case of snails they paid him with in his arms. They wondered why he had their money with him before he suddenly threw it down at their feet.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Edric shouted at him.

"Giving you your money back! The deal's off!" the hunter leader said as he jumped down from the tree, landing in front of him. "You left one a crucial detail in guarding that little monster you call a sister!"

"Crucial detail? What does that mean?" Emira asked as she and Edric picked up the case of snails.

"It means your sister doesn't need protecting when she's already a monster! She roughed up my crew like we were nothing, look what she did to my sword!" the leader said as he pulled out his broken the sword, a fifth of the blade still present as the rest was shattered and left behind. "I've slain countless demons with this and your sister broke it in a matter of minutes!"

"Amity did that?!" the twins said in shock, seeing a steel like blade rendered to a broken nub by their little sister!

"Yeah she did! And because of that, my crew and I are out of the bodyguard business! You wanna protect that little monster? Do it yourselves!" the hunter said as he sheathed what's left of his blade and jumped back into the tree. "And may the titan bless you, because you're the ones that are gonna need protecting from her!"

Jumping away from the Blight twins, the hunter couldn't see the shocked looks on their faces as the news of what Amity did to them hit like a boulder! If she was this strong when what's inside her is breaking free, what will she become when it's fully surfaced?! That thought kept them outside for a while as the girl herself was currently sleeping in her room, curled up in an angry slumber.

'Grr. stupid Ed and...Em.' she thought as she dozed to sleep, taking a nap inside her locked room.

As Amity slept, she didn't notice her finger nails were still sharp like claws and they didn't seem to be changing back.