Chapter 11: Back to Lilith's

After a few minutes of Amity still curling up on on her lap asleep and King joining to snuggle with a nap, Eda had summon an old book to look through for anything about Amity's condition.

'Is it a curse or some sort of spell someone cast on her? Maybe some of my elixir could get her in her right mind? That would make this a bit easier if it works.' Eda thought as she kept turning though her book.

"Mmmm." Amity purred as she nuzzled a bit into Eda's lap.

"Huuh. The lucky ones get to sleep while I find nada." Eda said as she closed her book, not finding anything to help. "And so far, giving you my elixir is the best option but that's just a temporary fix."

As Eda kept trying to think of ways to help or at least get Amity into a normal like state, she remembers what answers she from Lilith about the mind spell she put on Amity AND HER. Mostly her.

/Flashback/

"You mind blocked me?!" Eda said as she saw Lilith draw a shaky spell circle for a healing spell to fix her finger, marching to her and grabbing her by the shoulders. "When did you mind block me?! Why did you mind block me?!"

"I did it to protect you, to stop you from worrying!" Lilith said as he held her now fixed finger.

"Worrying about what?" Eda asked with a dangerous glare.

"From...from yourself." Lilith admitted as she held her finger. "From something that happened to you that...you weren't fully prepared for."

"What something?!" Eda asked her as Lilith bit her lip and looked away, angering the owl lady before she shook her wildly! "Answer me, Lily! What was I not prepared for?!"

Grabbing her hands to take them off her shoulders, Lilith blurted out something she wished she would never speak off again.

"That you had a child and couldn't take care of her!" Lilith screamed at her sister before she covered her mouth, with wide eyes of shock.

Luz gasped loudly as she looked to her mentor, who lost her anger and had her jaw dropped.

"That's what Lilith blocked?! You have a daughter?!" Luz repeated in shock.

'I...have a...daughter?' Eda thought in shock as her head suddenly ached, causing her to grab it in pain and shut her eyes.

"Argh!" She groaned as she felt something burst in her mind, something that revealed a memory she didn't know she had until now.

She was laying in her nest with a blanket over her lap, feeling tired as she looked down to what was held in her arms. It was a small child with skin as pale as Eda's, sleeping soundly while swaddled in a pink blanket. Eda reached out to caresses her cheek before the memory ended and Eda had opened her eyes with a gasp. Her breathes heavy and her eyes surprisingly wet as she felt tears running down her cheeks.

/Flashback End/

'She blocked my memories...of my daughter. One...that I gave up on.' Eda thought as she felt her tears return again. 'Lilith said, I couldn't take care of her but...I'd at least want to remember her, wouldn't I?'

That question had plagued Eda ever since she left Lilith that day and it wouldn't go away no matter how many times she tried to answer it. She even tore through her room for at least some answers she may have hidden but found nothing. Perhaps if she went to Lilith again, she could at least know if her daughter was taken to a good home.

Gently moving Amity and King off her lap, Eda went to get her cloak and staff to fly off to see her sister again if she wasn't busy.

"Hmm." Amity mumbled as she opened her eyes, finding herself no longer on Eda's lap but the couch. "Eda?"