Chapter 7: A Catty Attitude

After getting to the Emperor's Coven outpost in town, Amity talked to a guard and asked if Lilith was in at the moment.

"Well, she isn't I'm afraid but why do you want to know? You should be in school." the guard said as he took Amity's hand a bit roughly.

"To answer questions in reverse, I was suspended!" Amity said as she jerked her hand out his grip, rubbing her wrist. "And secondly, I'm Lilith's top pupil, I'm looking for her in hopes of still getting an education even when suspended."

The guard was a bit unsure but after a quick check with some Emperor's Coven wizards, the guard decided to guide Amity to where Lilith's home was.

"Sorry about that at the door, you can never be too careful when you're a guard. Especially with the owl lady still at large." he said as he pointed to a wanted poster of Eda, and King sort of, pinned to an alleyway.

"Yes, I am...aware of her." Amity said, not saying that she had been to where Eda was hiding.

"Well, be careful out there, she's dangerous." the guard said as he continued to lead Amity through Bonesborough.

The walked took about 15 minutes before they arrived at Lilith's home, a very well made house and looking brand new.

"Here you go, kid. Good luck with your lesson." the guard said as he turned to leave.

Amity nodded to the guard as he left, turning to the door with nervousness in her chest. It was time for her to tell Lilith about her being suspended and hope Lilith didn't get too mad.

"Here goes." Amity said as she walked to the door, getting ready to knocked on it.

Her fist was reeled back for the first knock before the door suddenly swung open and Lilith came stepping out, causing Amity to jump in surprise.

"Uh!" she let out as she took a step back, looking up to Lilith as she jumped back in surprise as well.

"Amity?! What are you doing here? You should be in school." Lilith said as she recomposed herself but was still surprised to see her star pupil at her doorstep so early in the morning.

"Um...Well, I...can explain that." Amity said as she composed herself as best as she could but was still nervous. "Yo-You see I was...suspended for two weeks."

"Suspended?! You?!" Lilith said in shock as she never expected Amity of all people to get suspended.

"Y-Yes. I was." Amity said as she looked down in shame. "I-I came by to ask if you could..."

"Teach you a bit of magic while you're away from school?" Lilith finished for Amity, who slowly nodded to her. "Well, I was simply going to report in and check for wanted criminals but I think I can take a personal day to teach you a bit. Come inside."

Moving aside and gesturing for her to enter, Lilith let Amity enter her home and shut the door behind her. She then lead Amity to her den and let her sit on the guest couch.

"Are you hunger? I could whip up some breakfast for you before you start." Lilith offered her star student.

"No thank, Ms. Lilith. I already ate." Amity said to her.

Lilith nodded to Amity, glad that she has eaten, before she drew a spell circle and made a Magic 202 book appear in her hand.

"You remember where we left off, yes?" Lilith asked as she made the book float to Amity, falling in her hands.

"Chapter 2, page 48." Amity answered as she turned to the page and began readying about the spell they were learning last time.

"Excellent." Lilith said before she suddenly heard a raven flying towards her window, a white on like the one on her staff. "Excuse me but it appears I am getting a call."