Chapter 6: Repaying Belly Rubs

The sunlight pierced into the room as Luz began to wake up, yawning a bit before looking to see it was morning.

"Another day, another adventure." she said before feeling someone shift in her arms.

Luz looked down to see Amity and King still sleep in on her shoulder, with the little demon still in Amity's arms. It was a rare and adorable sight for Luz as she wished her phone wasn't broken so she could take it.

"So cute." Luz whispered before she nudged Amity a little, wanting to wake her up. "Amity, it's time to get up."

"Hmm, five more minutes, Em." Amity mumbled a bit, nuzzling into the crook of Luz's neck more.

"Uhh, as mush as I'd like that, I need to get up. I gotta go to school." Luz said as she shook Amity, getting her to open her eyes.

"Huh? School?" Amity mumbled before she leaned up, looking around to see she wasn't at Blight Manor but the Owl House. "Oh yeah, I remember now."

"Yeah, You came over, you apologized, you drank some soda and blew a large one." Luz said as she giggled at the memory of Amity's burp. "Anyway, I gotta get ready for school, that's why I woke you since you were laying on my shoulder."

"Oh right, I...fell asleep with you." Amity said as she blushed, setting King down on Luz's sleeping bag as they got up. "You know, it feels...weird getting up this late. I'm usually up much earlier for school."

"Yeah, I get it. Being suspended is something new for you but you'll be alright. Maybe if Lilith isn't too busy, you can squeeze in a little lesson." Luz said to her as she walked out of the room to get ready for school.

"Well, I can hope." Amity mumbled as she followed behind Luz.

After taking separate showers and talking a bit more, Luz waved Amity goodbye as she left for Hexside and wished her a good day. Even though it will be a bit boring as Luz put it when a student is suspended from school.

'She must've been suspended before back in the human world.' Amity thought as she went to the living room, aiming to sit on the couch for a bit.

Though that wasn't the case when she saw the owl lady, Eda, chasing around her palisman and ordering it to return to the staff.

"Owlbert, you get back her right now, young bird! We've got a stand to run and I won't have you skipping out unless I say so!" Eda said as she chased him into the kitchen, tripping over a pan and falling face first on the floor.

This caused Amity to giggle at bit, covering her mouth to try and silence her laughing but it was too funny. The sound of the young witch laughing caught Owlbert's attention as he flew to her and perched on her right shoulder.

"OH!" Amity let out as she jumped a bit from the sudden perch. "Hello...Owlbert, was it?"

Owlbert hooted with a nod to Amity before he moved a bit closer, nuzzling her cheek affectionately. Amity was surprised a bit at the nuzzle but simply smiled at the palisman as she scratched his chin with her finger. Getting up from her place on the floor, Eda turned around to look for Owlbert and found him nuzzling against Amity like she was Luz. This surprised Eda greatly since she never saw her palisman cozy up to someone so quickly before, especially a girl he literally just perched on.

"Well this is a surprise, Owlbert didn't nuzzle Luz like that until about 2 weeks after she got here" Eda said as she walked over to Amity. "You must be good with animals for Owlbert to trust you so quickly."

"You could say that, I've always had a soft spot for cute animals. Ever since I was a little kid." Amity said as Owlbert flew off her shoulder, going back to Eda's staff as she sat on the couch.

"Well if you're hungry, breakfast should almost be ready. Luz always runs off before I finish, says she'll grab some donuts from the Bakers Coven stand in the town market." Eda said as she twisted Owlbert back onto the staff, making him wooden. "Waste of good snails but it's her lose, she doesn't know what she's missing."

"Hmm, I think I'll take some. Thanks." Amity said as Eda walked back into the kitchen to finish breakfast.

As she waited, Amity took in the surroundings of the owl house once more before she suddenly her fast and tiny footsteps coming down. She looked towards the sound and saw that King was coming to her on all fours.

"There you are! I wanted to see you before you left for school but then I remembered Luz said you're suspended for two weeks." King said with glee.

"Yes, I remember." Amity said, a bit dull since she didn't want to be reminded of it.

"Anyway, this is perfect since now I have the chance to repay you." King said as he climbed onto the couch. "You gave a fine belly rub to me last night and now, I want to return to favor. A fine belly rub, deserves a belly rub back."

King moved to Amity's stomach and reached under, rubbing her stomach gently to try and mimic how she rubbed his belly last night.

"You don't need to do this, it was only a...belly...rub.." Amity said before she slowly began

Amity didn't get to finish talking as King's rubbing of her belly somehow felt...good. It made her relax, really relax. So relaxed that Amity had to do something strange, she started to actually pur like a cat. Something that made King very confused, but he kept rubbing Amity's belly. It went on for a few minutes before she started laying on the couch on her side. Her arms and legs were out just like a cat as King was getting weirded out and tried to stop.

"Don't stop!" Amity quickly said as King went back to rubbing, her purring going on until Eda came back in.

"Alright, breakfast is re-" Eda stopped talking when she saw Amity sprawled on the couch like a cat with King rubbing her belly, she could even her purring! "What the heck is going on here? Why are you rubbing her belly, King? And why is she purring like a cat?"

"No clue, she just started making that sound after I rubbed her belly a bit." King said as he kept rubbing the girl's stomach. "Kinda reminds me of you when you see something shiny, Ms. Owl. Hehehe."

"Well hardy har har. Now knock it off, breakfast is ready and the kid needs her strength. She might be going to visit Lily today and I can only guess she'll need to eat something for that boring lesson." Eda said as she went back to the kitchen but kept the "Kitty" Amity scene in mind.

'Reminds him of me, huh?' Eda thought of King's words as King himself stopped the belly rubs.

When the rubs stopped, Amity blinked several times before she get up from the couch, rubbing her head.

'What...just happened?' Amity thought as she got up and walked to the kitchen, which was rather disorganized and clattered, and sat at the table to eat.

After a surprisingly good breakfast, Amity headed to the door and put a hand on the door handle.

"Thank you for the breakfast and fir letting me stay the night. I know after what I did-" Amity said as she turned to Eda.

"Will you stop with the apologizing already? The kid and I have already forgiven you, so don't think about it anymore." Eda said as she patted Amity's back. "And if you ever need anything, just come on by. Luz would probably do it anyway but it's good to have other options, ya know?"

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Amity said as she gave Eda a small smile. "I guess I'll see you later, tell Luz the same."

Eda nodded to the young witch as she opened the door and left for the Emperor's Coven outpost in town, hoping to find Lilith there or at least get a message to her about her suspension. But, unknown to the young witch, she is in for a big surprise after she explains to Lilith WHY she was suspended for 2 weeks and once again, the unknown secret of her past shall deal another blow.