Chapter 15: Cat Scratch

It's been a few minutes of peaceful silence as Luz and Amity remained on the couch, just enjoying their embrace as the curse cat girl changed her position. From sitting on Luz's lap to curling up and having her head on Luz's lap, Amity purred contently as Luz awe's at her cuteness.

'She's might be as cute as King, maybe cuter.' Luz thought as she rubbed Amity's head, feeling her tail sway next to her. 'Even her new little tail is cute!'

As Luz and Amity enjoyed their peace on the couch, Eda continued to watch them from the kitchen as she was making breakfast for 4 now. King was currently sleeping on the table as he waited for Eda to finish, though Eda was more concerned with Amity's condition than breakfast.

'How the heck was she born with this curse? I know for a fact the Blights wouldn't let someone get a lucky shot at them, so how did their kid get cursed?' Eda thought as she removed the wooden spoon from the caldron, tapping the handle on her chin.

Some knocks on the door draw everyone's attention before Hooty opened up to reveal...

"Ding dong! Friends are here to visit! Hoot!" He said, waking King up, as Gus and Willow were standing outside of the door.

"Guys!" Luz said with surprise, wondering why her friends were here this early in the morning.

"Hi, Luz. Sorry to drop in bu-" Willow stopped mid-sentence as she and Gus walked in on a familiar yet strange sight. "Amity?!"

Right there on the couch, laying on Luz's lap was Amity once again but this time she was VERY nails were sharper, her ears had green and brown hair on them, and she had a TAIL!

"Hmm?" Amity let out as she look to Willow, revealing her new cat like eyes.

"What the heck is going on? Is her condition getting worse?" Gus asked as he and Willow rushed towards them.

Amity didn't flinch at them, recognizing them as friends, as she went back to curling up on Luz's lap as the human looked to them nervously.

"Yes? But I confident Eda can help her." Luz said before changing the subject. "Anyway, you guys were saying why you were dropping in this early?"

Glancing to Amity one more time, Willow and Gus put their worry aside for a moment as the illusion prodigy pulled something out of his pocket.

"Anyway, the reason why we came over this early is because I found some possible human items and I need you to confirm it for us." Gus said before he put the objects in the coffee table.

Looking down to the objects on the table, Luz can confirm without a doubt they were human items. They were simple items but they each held a significant use. One was a roll of black electric, used to insulate wires back home; the other was a small finger clipper, which was self explanatory; and finally...

"Hey, a laser pointer!" Luz said with a smile as she picked up the third object.

"A laser pointer? That's what that is?" Willow asked in confusion.

"Yeah. Mostly they're used to point at things in presentation of the room is dark enough but they've been used for other things too." Luz said as King walked over to her.

"Like what?" He asked her as Luz began to show them.

"If they have the right parts, it can also count as a flashlight but it can also be used for this." Luz said as she pointed to the wall and turned on the laser pointer.

Watch in curiosity, a small red dot formed on the wall before Luz moved it around slowly to show that she was controlling it.

"That's it? It summons a tiny red light fairy?" King asked as he went toward it. "What purpose does this serve? It can be crush so easily? Like this."