Chapter 5: A Strange Apology

After about 2 hours of staying in her room thinking about today's events, Amity thought back to what she did when Luz and Eda came to her home and felt awful for doing it. They were just trying to help her, help that she was too prideful to ask for, and she took her frustration out on them for something that wasn't even their fault. Not even she knew about the protection spell her family put on her mind, something that made her trust in them thin so much but she didn't care about that now. Amity cared more about how she hurt Eda with her words and how she hurt Luz with her fists, it almost brought tears to her eyes as she worried she might've lost the first real friend she had in a long time. Long since she foolishly pushed Willow away.

'I need to apologize, I can't let what going on with me destroy my bond with my friends. With...Luz.' Amity thought as she wiped her eyes and headed to her window, deciding to sneak out instead of running then chance of running into her "siblings" or "parents."

She quickly made an abomination and commanded it to hold her while jumping out the window, letting it take the impact of the fall while she was uninjured. Amity got up and wiped some muck off her before heading into town to the owl house. She was lucky Luz brought her over once to hang out and still remembered the way. As she walked through the town, Amity didn't pay much attention to those around her and focused more on getting to the owl house and apologizing. So much so, that she didn't notice she was walking towards Boscha, who was not healed from their fight at school, as she was making fun of Willow and Gus.

"You know, this store is only for witches with real potential. A half witch like you would just waste her money and the stores goods." Boscha said as she stood in front of a store while Gus and Willow were trying to enter.

"Come on, Boscha. We just need to get some stuff for class tomorrow." Gus said as he tried to prevent Willow from getting angry, he knew well what would happen when she got angry.

" What are you going to do about, shorty?" Boscha asked with a challenging glare before catching sight of someone walking towards them, making her confidence vanish and make her shiver in fear.

"Boscha? Are you okay?" Gus asked as Willow's anger vanished as well, just as curious to why the triclops was suddenly shaking in fear.

Instead of getting an answer, Boscha quickly went to Willow and turned her arm before hiding behind her like a shield.

"Boscha?" Willow asked before she and Gus saw what made her cower in fear.

It was Amity Blight, walking down the road towards wherever with a look of remorse mixed with firmness like she was on a mission. It surprised Gus and Willow, since they never saw such a look on her face before, and just watched as she walked past them while Boshca continued to shake in fear.

"Is she gone?" Boscha squeaked out as she kept her eyes closed, still hiding.

She didn't get an answer as Amity continued to walk away, right towards the owl house until she finally arrived after about 20 minutes of walking.

'Here I am.' Amity thought to herself as she approached the door, planning to knock.

"Hey, Amity! Hoot!" Hooty said, making Amity jump back in surprise with a scream.

She had never seen a house guardian before and forgot that Hooty was alive instead of just a decorative design. Amity tried to turn on her heel and ran, but was met with bumping into Eda and falling to the ground. The owl lady noticed the one who bumped into her was Amity, the girl who got into a fight with her apprentice after they tried to help her. She was about to be rude to the young witch, before noticing the regretful look she was giving her.

"Hey, kid, what with the look and why are you here?" Eda asked as Amity picked herself up looked to Eda.

"I-I wanted to come and apologize." Amity said before she looked away in shame. "To you and to Luz, I shouldn't have said what I said or did what I did. It wasn't your fault the spell didn't work."