Chapter 4: Memory Spell

After about 5 minutes of flying, Luz and Eda arrived at Blight Manor with the witch flying them right in front of the door.

"So this is your little friend's home? Not bad, pretty ritzy." Eda commented as she looked around.

Luz didn't reply as she was still worried about Amity and knocked on the door with homes she would be the one to answer it. The duo waited for a few moments before Luz got impatient and knocked again but a bit longer. Too bad for her the door was opened but instead of Amity, it was Edric that opened it which lead to him getting knocked on the forehead.

"Ah!" he let out from the sudden knock and rubbed his forehead while Eda laughed.

"Oh, sorry sorry, Edric! I didn't mean to hit you on the head." Luz apologized as he looked up to her. "I just wanted to check on Amity to make sure she's alright. Is she home?"

"Yeah, she's in her room. Been there since we got home." Edric said before looking to Eda, who stopped laughing. "and you're here because..."

"The kid asked me here for moral support. She told me about the fight her friend got in." Eda said, half lying to Edric.

"Well, alright. Her room is up the stairs, down the right hallway and the second door on the right." Edric said as he let them in.

When Luz and Eda got to the door to Amity's room, Luz wanted to knock but she couldn't do it. Her worries made her too frazzled about her friend and just opened the door quietly, walking inside to see Amity sitting on the windowsill and glaring out the window in thought. Luz could see the bags under her eyes getting worse and the need to help her only grew more. She walked carefully up to Amity and wrapped her arms around in a gently hug, scaring the young witch as she turned to see who it was and calmed down when she saw it was Luz.

"Luz?" Amity asked as Luz nodded her, breaking the hug. "Wh-Why are you here? And why is your teacher with you?"

"I'm here because I was worried about you, what happened at school was completely unlike you and it really scared me." Luz said as she gestured to Eda. "So, I told Eda about it, about how something about you past was bothering you, so she came along with me to see if she could help you."

"Help me?" Amity asked as she turned to Eda, stepping away from her windowsill. "How could you help?"

"That's right, kid. I know a spell that could let me into your mind with you coming with me, we can dive into your memories and find the memory that's been bugging you." Eda said as she twirled her staff and put it over her shoulders. "Easy peasy."

"Easy?" Amity asked with a bit of worry, not exactly sure about this spell.

Even when Lilith gave her lessons on these types of spells, they just didn't sit well with Amity. It just felt like a giant invasion of privacy, it made her skin crawl. Luz picked up on her unease and tried to ease her worries with a shoulder rub.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine. Eda's not gonna do anything bad in your head, she just wants to help." Luz said as Amity felt her worries slowly melt away.

The young witch took a few deep breathes to further calm herself before walking to her bed, sitting down and nodding to Eda.

"I'm ready." Amity softly said to the owl lady as Luz sat next to her, holding her hand in support and closing her eyes.

Eda nodded back before she approached Amity, bending her knees to be at her eye level. She drew a spell circle on Amity's forehead, readying the spell before she closed her eyes and placed their foreheads together. The spell glowed between them before it suddenly started wavering and sparkling out of control before it blew up between them forcing Amity and Luz to launch off the former's bed while Eda was launched to the other side of the room to the wall. The trio groaned from the blast before they all got up and looked at each other.