Chapter 3: A Friend's Concern

A few hours after the whole fight at Hexside, the students had been released to return home as Luz was walking back to the owl house in a slump, sadden by Amity's suspension and how hurt she looked because of it. She was so sad that she didn't realize she had already walked all the way home, ignoring Hooty as he opened the door for her and shut it, causing her to snap out of it.

"Huh, what? I'm already home?" Luz questioned as she looked around, seeing Eda on the couch lazing about.

"Of course, you're home, where else would you be?" Eda said before noticing the look on Luz's face, the worry and...sadness. "Something wrong, kid? You seem kinda down."

"It's...It's nothing, Eda. Just a bad day." Luz told her but she wasn't buying it.

"Come on, kid. I've known you long enough to know something is up and that isn't it. Come clean." Eda said as she got up from the couch and walked over to her.

Luz had a feeling Eda wouldn't believe that, so she decided to come clean and tell her the truth.

"Well, there was this fight at school and Amity was apart of it and..." Luz tried to explain before Eda suddenly started laughing at the story.

"Ahahahahaha! I can't believe you got in a fight with Amity of all people!" Eda said with a few sorts in her laugh. "You must've made her really mad and got her to take all the blame, right?"

"Eda, it's not funny! And this isn't about me fighting!" Luz said as Eda stopped laughing and looked at her. "That's the thing I've been upset about, I didn't get into a fight with Amity at school today. She fought with Boscha. That triclops girl."

"That mean girl who wanted to buy King once?" Eda asked as Luz nodded.

"Yes, her." She said as Eda rubbed her chin a bit.

"Well, was it this Boscha girl that started the fight, making Amity fight her back and take the blame for all of it?" Eda questioned as she knew how rotten that triclops was.

Luz just shook her head at her teacher, telling her that was wrong.

"Actually, it was Amity that started the fight and she got herself suspended because of it." Luz said as Eda stared at her for a moment before she busted out laughing again, holding her stomach.

"I don't believe it! Ahahahahaha! Suspend, little miss apprentice to Lily got suspended! HA! That's a riot, just wait until Lily hears about this." Eda said as she wiped a tear away in her left eye. "She's gonna flip!"

"Eda, this serious! Amity was never like this before, she started it because she said she was trying to figure out about her past." Luz said as she crossed her arms. "Then Boscha came along and said the wrong things, which lead to the fight."

"Her past? What kind of past are we talking about?" Eda asked as she grew curious of the young, overachieving witch. "If it's not the same as a spoiled little Brainiac, I kinda wanna hear what it is."

"That's the thing, Eda. Amity says there's something in it that she doesn't know about." Luz said.

"What? But that's ridiculous, every kid knows their pasts. They're born, they walk, they talk, and they're raised by a family. How could someone forget that." Eda said while counting with her fingers before waving her hand away. "Unless it was a certain part of their past."

"Well apparently, Amity doesn't and it's really affecting her." Luz said in worry of her friend, remembering the tired look on her face and the bags under her eyes. "Do you have that could help her in anyway? Like one that can let her see deep inside her own mind to see what her mysterious past is?"

Eda thought for a moment before answering her apprentice.

"As a matter of fact, I do, but I have to do while being with her in the same room." Eda said before explaining the spell. "First, I gotta draw the circle on her forehead, then I put my own forehead against Amity's so we can both go in and see her past. It's sort of annoying and violates personal space but I could do it."

"You will? You'd really do that for Amity?" Luz asked, surprised her teacher would help the student of her rival/sister, Lilith.

"Well, one, I never agreed to do it. And two, I'd do it more for you since you'd be all whiny about your friend." Eda said as she rolled her eyes.

Luz then smiled at Eda before slamming into her with a hug, which Eda still hated but it grew on her.

"Thank you so much, Eda! I'm just so worried about Amity, she really looks like she needs help and wants to know her past." Luz said as she nuzzled into the hug.

"Yeah, yeah, but it can't be that badly, can it?" Eda said as Luz broke the hug.

"It is, Eda. That fight Amity had with Boscha was very bad, so bad that Boscha was beaten up to nearly a pulp." Luz said as she pointed towards parts of her body. "Both her left and middle eyes were black, she had a bunch bruises and cuts on her, and had a large bruise on her cheek! She had to get a bunch of healing patches from the nurse before going back to class."

Eda flinched at the number of injuries Boscha had been given, without magic none the less.

"Oh man, that must've been really bad to see." She said with a wince.

"It was." Luz said with a nod to Eda.

"Well what about your friend, was she just as bad in the injuries department?" Eda asked, gesturing to her face.

"Only a few bruises and a cut on her lip." Luz said as Eda nodded and went to her staff, if the star student was this bad, she needed to be dealt with now.

"Alright, let's go see Amity. But not because I care." She said as she put her staff on her shoulder. "We're doing this just so you can stop whining about it."

"Oh, thank you, Eda! Come on, I know where Blight Manor is." Luz said as pointed to the door, walking to it.

"Lead the way, kid." Eda said as she followed behind Luz.

"By the way, where's King right now?" Luz asked as she hadn't seen the little demon yet.

"He's taking a nap on your sleeping bag." Eda said as she pointed upstairs. "He should be sleeping long before we get back."

"Alright then, let's go!" Luz said as she opened the door, letting Eda walk out before her and closed it behind her.