Ch. 17: The "Family" Discussion

After a few minutes of explaining what happened to Amity, everyone was sitting down in the den with Amity holding the bowl she drank from in her lap.

"I really did all of that?" Amity asked, a bit embarrassed as her tail swung next to her.

"Yeah but don't worry. Nobody blames you for what you did." Luz said as she put a hand on her shoulder, though her attention was drawn next to Amity.

Sitting next to Amity on the other side, was King, who was currently fixated on her tail and tried all he could to catch it.

'I'm gonna get you, so stay still!' King thought as he tired against but the tail just escaped his grasp!

Though this was cute, Luz had to focus more on Amity since she needed her full attention right now.

"Nobody can blame you if they found themselves out n the same situation." Willow said.

"Cute as it is and film worthy but we didn't record a second of it." Gus said, truthfully.

"Thank you, I'd rather keep this as private as possible." Amity said to Gus, even though Willow elbowed Gus for saying that.

As the group of friends were comforting Amity on her sudden change, Eda was gazing at them with a questioning look on her face as she was thinking about the sudden "cure" for Amity's cursed state.

'How the heck could a simple scratch on the chin turn her back to normal when an elixir would've worked better? I know her curse is different from mine but it should've worked better than a simple chin scratch.' Eda thought as she sat in the lounge chair next to the couch.

But even If that was a cure, it was a temporary cure at beast as Amity may adapt to it and it may become useless unless they find a more permanent solution like Eda's elixirs.

"Well, I think I should get home now. My brother and sister probably know out by now." Amity said, bringing Eda out of her thought as she got up and walked to the door. "I'll see you guys later."

"See ya, Amity." Luz said with a wave.

"See you later." Willow said.

"Bye. And don't forget to hide your tail." Gus pointed out, pointing to Amity's remaining cat tail.

"Oh right, thank." Amity said as she stopped, looking back at her tail before she curled it up and hid it under her dress. "Is it noticeable?"

"No, you're good." Luz said with a thumbs up.
Amity nodded her thanks to them before she exited the owl house, ignoring a shaken and scared Hooty as he watched her leave.

"H-Have a nice day." Hooty said to Amity.

As she left, Eda kept her gaze on Amity because she was still worried about her curse.

Wondering if she should really be letting the young witch leave yet.

'Why do I care so much? She's not my kid.' Eda thought as she got up to get some apple blood, maybe that would relax her a bit.

-One walk home later-

After a rather long walk home, a walk that felt much longer because because she was trying her best to hide her new tail, Amity had finally gotten back to her home of Blight Manor. She just wanted to enjoy the time she had left of her weekend and her parents being away.

'I just want to stay in my room and read the rest of the Azura book I borrowed from Luz.' Amity thought as she pulled out a house key and used it to unlock the front door.

Opening the doors, Amity jumped back in a jolt as she saw her mother and father standing right there! Like they were waiting for her!

'They're back early!?' She thought as she slowly calmed herself down with slow breathes.