Chapter 8: The Interrogation, Human Style

After Amity fast retreat and Luz's interference, Eda decided to stick around and get answers from her sister. So, using her magic while Lilith's back was turned, Eda made her float and moved them to the dining room. She forced Lilith into a chair and made restraints to keep her in place, even making some between her fingers so she could draw any spell circles.

"Okay, Lily, now that we're in a nice place to talk, explain to us why you were blasting away at your student?" Eda asked as she and Luz took the seats next to her on each side.

"Yeah, what were you trying to do to her?" Luz asked with a scowl on her face, upset that a master would shoot at her student.

"What I do with my student is none of your business." Lilith said as she remained calm in this pseudo hostile situation. "Now, what exactly do you to plan to do with me?"

"We're going to get answers and the sooner you give them, the sooner we can get out of your home." Luz said as she leaned closer to Lilith. "This is an interrogation!"

The room was silent for a moment as Lilith looked to her sister, wanting to know if the human was serious about trying to interrogate her. HER, the head of the Emperor's Coven! With a single nod from Eda, Lilith did the one thing she could do in this situation.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! UHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Lilith laughed loudly, making Luz and Eda recoil as they saw her laughing like she heard the funniest joke in the world.

'Jeez, I haven't heard Lily laugh like this since we were kids.' Eda thought as Luz blushed in embarrassment of how Lilith wasn't taking her serious.

'Alright, fine! Let's get serious, Lily!' Luz thought as she got up from her chair and grabbed Lilith's arm, lifting up the sleeve right as she finished her laughing and look at Luz.

"Let's start with a simple question, do you know about the reason Amity has been acting lately?" Luz asked her with the most serious face she could muster.

"No, I don't." Lilith said while fixing her face into a straight one, but Luz could tell she was lying.

"EEEE! Liar!" Luz said like a buzzer as she began rubbing Lilith's arm at a fast pace, twisting in opposite directions simultaneously.

"UGH!" Liliht grunt while clenching her teeth, surprised by the amount of pain this human could do without magic.

"Confess!" Luz demanded as she began twisting Lilith's arm as fast as she could, making the pale skin turn red as Lilith tried to move away in but couldn't. "CONFESS, LILITH!"

The pain was growing and the heat in her arm was making it worse!

"Y-Yes! I know why Amity has been acting this way!" she said through her teeth as Eda looked surprised that it worked, making Luz stop the rubbing as she smiled in satifcation.

'Indian arm burn, never fails.' Luz thought before she moved onto her next question.

Luz let go of Lilith's arm, letting the now red flesh begin to heal as she put a hand on Lilith's shoulder and looked her in the eyes.

"Now, onto question 2. Did you put a mind block spell on Amity?" Luz asked as Lilith's eyes flinched a bit but she kept stone face.

"No, I didn't put a spell on her mind." Lilith said again but Luz sensed it was just another lie.

"EEEEE! Liar!" Luz said as she put Lilith into a chokehold, something crazy for a child to do to an adult but Lilith's neck was skinnier than most and Luz had been gaining a lot arm strength from her time on the Isles.

"GUH! ACK!" Lilith chocked through her teeth as Eda looked surprised at Luz again.

"Kid, hang on. Are you trying to kill her?" Eda asked as Luz looked shocked at her.

"What?! No! I'm trying to get her to talk, so talk!" Luz said as she put more strength into her chokehold. "Did you put a mind block spell on Amity?!"

"GCK! AK! Y-Yes, I admit it! The Blights had me put it on her years ago!" Lilith admitted before Luz let go, letting her breath properly once more. "A-Are all you humans this barbaric in your interrogations?"

"No, some can be worst." Luz quickly answered as she moved on and grabbed Lilith's hand. "Now, question 3..."

Luz had to stop and think for a moment on what to ask Lilith next, she already knew that Lilith knows what's bugging Amity and that the Blights themselves had her put the spell on her years ago. What else could she ask? Luz looked around for a moment before gazing at Eda and a theory came to mind, has Lilith done the spell before Amity? And if she did, was it on Eda or someone unrelated? The question burned her mind and Luz needed to know.

"Alright, Lilith, who else did you put this mind block spell on?" Luz asked her as she grabbed Lilith's pointer finger, one of the two main fingers witches use to cast spells.

Lilith grew a bit nervous at her finger being gripped in such a way, she knew she could do spells without it but it was still important and vital.

"Well?" Luz asked her as Eda grew nervous too, knowing how important a witch's pointer finger is.

"No one else, that spell is strictly used for the utmost importance." Lilith said, a little nervous but truthfully.

OR as truthful as Luz could sense as she narrowed her eyes at Lilith.

"EEEEE! Half liar! You did use it on someone else!" Luz said as she began to slowly yet painfully bent Lilith's finger back, making her flinch in pain from the bending.

"Luz, ease up." Eda said out of concern for her sister, law or not.

"Not until I get the truth, Eda. Now, WHO else did you mind block?!" Luz asked but got no answer before she began twisting the finger while bending it back, making it burn as Luz kept bending. "TALK!"

"URGH!" Lilith groaned in pain as he fingers was being bent in such a way and her skin twisting only added to the pain but she couldn't give up this easily like before, she wouldn't!

"TALK!" Luz demanded as she bent it further back before she was left with no choice. "Told or I'll break your finger!"

"You wouldn't dare, human! You're too soft!" Lilith said to her through her grit teeth.

'Normally, I would be but...' Luz thought as she remembered seeing Amity over the past two days, remembering how this crazy, possible secret was hurting her and she had no one to turn to except her and Eda. 'Things change when someone you care about is in pain!'

"Not today, I'm not." Luz said before she pulled back, breaking Lilith's finger!

"AAAAAAHHH!" Lilith screamed in pain as Eda screamed in terror.

"Luz, what the heck?!" Eda screamed in shock.

"Tell me the truth or you'll have two broken fingers!" Luz shouted at Lilith as she sucked in air through her teeth from pain.

"F-Fine! I used the spell on Edalyn!" Lilith said as Eda looked at her in shock, so much that she let the restraint fall and let Lilith bold her hand in pain.

"You mind blocked me?!" Eda said as she saw Lilith draw a shaky spell circle for a healing spell to fix her finger, marching to her and grabbing her by the shoulders. "When did you mind block me?! Why did you mind block me?!"

Deeper and deeper this secret goes and now a new victim has been identified.