• 10 • Cruise Ship Pt. 1

Homusubi gasped in excitement as she stood by the large pier, where a lot of people came with the same reason as her.

"Sea! Sea!" She pointed over the large body of water, that lightly waved back.

"Be careful." Enji warned as he was checking all the things they needed.

Pretty much, this was his first time taking her out alone for vacation without nannies. So it won't be surprising that he'll be a bit protective.

'Everything seems to be here. I just hope I won't have a hard time changing her diaper.' He thought, but he needed to be confident as a father.

Homusubi looked over to the foreign people who were with their friends, or partners or families.

One particular family caught the little one's attention, the child had held his arms out towards his father asking to be picked up, the father did so and settled his male toddler on his shoulder.

"Dada!" She hugged his leg, and he looked down curiously before pulling up his sunglasses.

"What?" He asked.

"Mm!" She looked over at the father and son she saw earlier and pointed at them.

"Homusubi don't point at other people."

"But dadaaa!" She whined childishly.

"... No."

"WhhyYyYyYyYy?"

"I'm carrying three duffle bags, Homusubi." He explained before looking up at the large private cruise ship that was stopping in front of them with movable stairs set down, connecting both the pier and the ship, "Now, come."

"Fiiine..." The poor little girl heaves a sigh of defeat before following her father obediently. Yet that didn't stop her from observing around the ship as they entered. There were many people she recognized from tv's, yet she didn't care.

The excitement in her heart devoured her. She was going on vacation with her favourite person!... But she felt sad at the same time that the others couldn't come.

• • •

Enji looked behind him to check if she's still following, and she was. He was worried that he'd lose sight of her before even the event starts.

After arriving at their room and settled down, Homusubi... was not having it.

"Where's mama?"

"At home."

"... Whyyy?"

"Because she's going to look over after your little siblings."

"W-Why can't... they... come?"

He sighs, getting irritated, "Because. Homusubi. This will be a special event where your mother and siblings don't have to come."

There was one thing that Enji knows what she loves: Heroes. So the best thing he could do was attend a hero gathering on a luxurious cruise ship and bring her there. Oh, but look what happened, instead of being happy she was throwing a tantrum.

Homusubi huffed angrily, "You didn't bring them!"

"What?--" He flinched, fixing his attention away from their things and faced her with crossed arms, "Do not use that tone on me, young lady."

She flustered before pouting, "Hmph!"

She turned away to go to a corner and settled there.

"Homusubi."

"..."

"Homusubi!"

"..."

"Sigh. Damn it." He cursed, thinking of what to do, "Fine, stay here until we go home!" He yelled before storming out.

The little girl flinched as the door slammed shut and she couldn't hold her tears any longer. Her lips quivered before she starts sobbing on her knees.

She only wanted her mom, little brother, and little sister. She missed them already. She didn't want to be here.

'Stay here!' That was what he said.

But after the toddlers crying, she stood up and walked out of the room, towards a place she doesn't know.

• • •

Many people turned their heads to look at her and a few asked if she was lost. But she responded by shaking her head as a no before continuing to walk through the hallways of the ship, without any special reason.

"Excuse me..." She said in a tiny voice, but the loud voices of the crowd throughout the ship blocked it.

She heaves a sigh, "EXCUSE ME, LADY?!"

The lady behind the table jumped in shock at the presence of a... little kid. She quickly leaned over with an awkward smile, "Y-Yes ma'am?"

She fiddled with her dress, "W-Where can I play?"

"O-Oh! The arcade is right down that hallway, to the right, and then left.-- Do you want me to guide you?"

Homusubi flustered before shaking her head, "It's okie." She bows her head, "Bye-bye, thank you."

And so she makes her journey to the arcade, 'here... Then... Right...? No left... Wait...' She turned around to eye the lady but the hallway was blocked by several strangers, it didn't take long for them to ignorantly start pushing her in different directions.

She lets out a call for help, struggling to get out as she was pushed away. She managed to balance on her feet, so she wouldn't fall over.

"H-Help! Dada!"

Then she was pushed away by a foot that finally made her get out of the crowds, but now, she was on her butt and looking around the unfamiliar place.

It was scaring her, she doesn't know where she is, she doesn't know anyone, in her eyes they just looked like grey silhouettes that ignored her, she doesn't know what to do but to just call out...

"Dada..."

She whimpers as the little kid was on the edge of crying again. She held up her hand to cover her face.

A silhouette walked up to her from beside and leaned over the railings of the moving ship while looking over her.

"Are you lost baby girl?"