• 45 • HELL Pt. 1

[Now, to experience the best quality of the next chapters, I only ask you one thing:

Use up every ounce of your imagination🙏

It may already be obvious but I'll still reassure you that anything about 'the clan' WILL be explained in the story.

Have a great reading!]

• • •

"So what's in this thing?" Tsuki tapped the long sword covered in clothing strapped to Homusubi's waist. They have already arrived at the village by 5 AM and were only a few minutes away from reaching the Amaterasu Cave.

"A sword." She rests her hand on top of it.

"From whom?"

"I don't know."

"Where'd you get it?"

"In our house."

"Eh???" He responds with a tone of disappointment while crossing his arms, "Why did you even take it with you, piggy?"

Homusubi flinched as her eyebrow twitched and she gave him a look, "Back with that nickname again?"

"Hm... it suits you well-" He shrugged but only received a slap to the arm as result. "Ow!!!" He exclaimed while rubbing that spot that immediately turned red.

Then, it only took her three seconds to grab him by the collar and shoved themselves behind a tree, away from the sight of a night shift guard. If they were to find out two kids going here alone, they'd immediately demand their parents to be called. Which means the failure of this mission. The guard stopped in the middle of the large entrance and yawned.

He didn't even see the two teenagers silently crouching to make their way to his blind spot and entered the cave.

"This is dangerous." Whispered Tsuki.

"Oh, you just realized?"

He rolls his eyes as they were further inside.

"HEY! YOU TWO!"

Or so they thought. They didn't notice the other guard idling inside the cave. The two guards inside and outside glared up at the intruders.

"This is off-limits!" The outside guard yelled.

"Quick! Over there!"

Homusubi took the lead in the escapade and barged through a door in one of the walls of this cave. Tsuki followed inside and slammed the door in front of the guards before they can get inside. He quickly locked the door then the guards pounded on this metal door, making him stumble back as he breathed uneasily. Looking up from the ground, his eyes widen when Homusubi just stood there as if she saw something...

"THAT PLACE IS STRICTLY NOT FOR TOURISTS TO ENTER! GET OUT YOU TWO PUNKS!" 

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ANYTHING YOU FIND INSIDE!"

When Tsuki stood up and dusted himself, he finally saw what Homusubi had been staring at. It was a dark passageway that goes deeper and darker. The only light here was the light coming from the small gaps of the door. A spine-chilling wind came from the cavern, making him rethink his decision in ever coming here.

"This must be it." She quietly said, unfazed by this eerie place.

Tsuki heaved a sigh and nudged her hand, "... Then, let's go."

Homusubi nods then held up her hand and created a fire for them as light. They went deep inside the place, straying further away from the yells of the guards. They needed to find the place they're looking for quickly or else it'll be over once the guards catch them. Tsuki felt uneasy and unconsciously stuck beside his friend, looking around at the place.