• 50 • Take care, My Riceball

Homusubi made her way to the top of the building Keigo was on. And there he was, sitting on the ground while gazing up at the thick clouds that had snowflakes falling from it.

His golden eyes soon fell to lock with her blue ones, causing his lips to form a shy smile. She remained to have a casual expression while making her way to flop down beside him, but the atmosphere was still quiet. His red wings caught her attention, it seemed to have grown bigger in just a little time, making her think that he's growing stronger too.

"Your wings..." She spoke softly while dragging the back of her palm down the soft red feathers, "... They symbolize freedom."

"Oh!" His cheeks turn the same colour as his wings as his shoulders tensed up at the sensation, "Haha, t-thank you, Musubi..."

She was slightly surprised before cocking her head with a smile, "I'm thankful that you still call me by that name. It's my top one favourite. My second favourite is piggy."

"Someone calls you piggy?" The air around him darkens.

"Yeah, but it's fine! I told you it's my second favourite." She giggled and so did he. A comfortable silence falls upon them once again...

"Hey, Kei."

"Hm?"

"I'm... thankful that you're here with me."

"Yeah... I-Is there something... you want to tell me...?" His expectations shot through the Earths' atmosphere.

"Yes..."

"O-Oh..." His heart pounds against his chest, "... W-What is it?"

"... You should forget about me, Keigo."

It shot a hole through his heart, "H-Huh?"

"I'm only going to hurt you in the end." She avoided eye contact while glancing at the side, "... Just like what I did to others."

Consider another hole was shot through his heart again as he began to get on his knees, "But Homusubi I!--"

"I've hurt too many people. I'd rather watch you live your life from a mile away than see you die beside me." She stood up with her hands stuffed in her pocket, "When you become a top hero, get someone who will love and be faithful to you.

If you're happy, then... I am happy too...

So I will not hesitate to sacrifice my feelings so that you can live the life you deserve."

"Musubi! You don't get it!" He quickly stood up too, facing her straight in the eyes, "I... I...! I LOVE--"

"This'll be goodbye."

She coldly cuts him off while turning her back against him to leave. He growled in irritation before snatched her hand to forcibly turn her around so he can yell at her face.

"YOU CAN'T JUST COME INTO SOMEONE'S LIFE, MAKE THEM FEEL SPECIAL AND THEN LEAVE LIKE THIS!!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT I WOULD FEEL?!"

Homusubi couldn't bring herself to look at him in the eye while gently pulling her hand back.

"... I'm sorry... and happy birthday."

"NO!!!" He pulled her back again to hug her tightly.

"Keigo?! What are you--"

His bright wings spread and they sky-rocketed to the sky, bursting through the clouds and flew to the highest point where they can see far more than the horizon. It felt like they could reach the starts at this point.