• 30 • Fall for me

• • •

The next day, underneath the very same frozen fountain --Away from the crowd noises in the cafeteria-- The little blonde boy with bright red wings sat on the edge of it, waiting for the arrival of someone in particular. He sat with his back straightened up while fiddling with his shirt.

He stopped tapping his heels, gave his cheek a soft scratch and began to ponder, 'Why did I come back here?'
"Keigo!"

'Homusubi.'

He quickly looked up at the call of his name, seeing the one and only rushing through the door with a worried expression. That expression influenced him that he furrowed his eyebrow and stood up, "What's happening?--"

"Keigo. Keigo. Keigo." She said his name three times in one second before catching her breath in front of him. While panting for air, it created an icy fog coming out of her mouth as she wipes her sweat.

What exactly was she running from?

"I-I've been thinking about this the whole time...and..." She gulped then exhaled, and grinned, "... Are we considered friends now?"

The boy grew dumbfounded and narrowed his eyes at her, "So you're not running away from.... something?"

"From what?"

"Uh. Nothing." He crossed his arms, "Anyway, my answer to your question is: I'm not sure."

"Ehhhhh?!" She grows dissatisfied and curious, "But why?!"

"Do you know who I am?"

"*ahem!* Keigo Takami." She said while holding her chin up with a smile.

"Where I came from?"

She drops her posture and grew insecure, "Uhm... You came from your home?"

"A-Okay. Then where's my home?"

She bit her lip playfully, "Beside your neighbors house."

He blinks a few times and couldn't help but think she's a sarcastic philosopher, "... What I wanted to say was that we don't know each other. So I'm not sure if we're friends."

"We exchanged names, shared food, ate together, and you came back here just like I asked you to do, so I think we're friends! But I don't mind getting to know you too."

He glanced at the side with a light blush dusted across his cheeks before taking a seat down again, "O-Okay... Let's just start by telling each other a secret."

Homusubi sat down beside him, "Oooo! Don't worry, I can keep one or two."

"Hopefully you can." He muttered, "I'll start: I'm privately tutored by the principal."

She claps her hands cheerfully and then went on to tell hers, "... My favourite food is rice ball."

"..."

"😊???"

"Are you sure that's a secret, Homusubi?"

"Super-duper sure! Why, you ask? Because when the readers know that, they'll think I'm a cannibal."

'She seems a LITTLE BIT too energetic today...' He smiles softly and nodded, "I feel like I'm getting to know you more. That's a good thing right?"

"Huh? Of course!" She then took a glance at the frozen fountain. Looking at it up and down before turning back to her new friend, "Oi, wanna see something amazing?"