Chapter 16

The rest of the day they walked in relative silence. Both trying not to think about the gods who had trapped them in impossible situations. Both trying not to let the frustration take over. Harry watched his feet and the black heels of Louis' shoes in front of him.

"Oof," Louis grunted when Harry walked full force into him after he stopped abruptly.

"Sorry," Harry mumbled as he looked up to see where they were.

"We're nearly there," Louis sighed looking over a small town snuggled into the coast. They could hear people singing, laughing, and talking in the distance.

"They're living," Harry motioned to the people dancing on the edge of town, it was lively. It looked fun.

"Yeah, they are," a softness came over Louis when Harry pointed it out. "Do you still dislike them as much as you did before?"

"Of course not. How could I? I've only had mortals treat me with kindness. And so many of them have needed me, some of them seemed to even want me around."

"Isn't that a good feeling? Being needed? Being wanted?"

"Yeah," they chuckled together as they admired the people below. "I wish I could dance with them."

"Why don't you?"

"I don't know how to dance."

Louis turned on his heels, his face inches from Harry's, and looked directly in his green eyes.

"Harry, will you dance with me?" Louis held out a hand waiting for Harry to accept. With a deep breath, and a shake of his head, he took Louis' hand, and then they were running into the town. Laughing they stumbled into the circle of dancers and joined in.

Harry felt like he was floating. Flying. And he swore he would always see the color of Louis' eyes coloring every memory from this quest for the rest of his life. Immortal or not, that was his new favorite color.