Part 7

Lindsey informed his boss that he was leaving for early lunch in case he was needed. Much to his surprise, Stevie agreed to see him. Lindsey suggested coming over to her place later that evening, but she disagreed and said, the best she could do was lunch, somewhere public.

Bouncing his knee, Lindsey sat, waiting for Stevie to appear. The meeting was going to happen on her terms, so he drove closer to her office. He was nervous, but also a tiny bit excited that she wanted to see him. Well... saying that she wanted, might have been too much. Lindsey had no idea, how it was going to go, as he looked arround in hopes to see Stevie coming his way.

With her heels making a sound, connecting to the concrete pavement, Stevie marched towards Lindsey with her head held high. She spotted him right away, occupying a table for two outside. Lindsey got up to his feet, once she stopped in front of him, taking off her sunglasses, she rested them on top of her head. 

"You don't have to pretend you're a gentleman." Stevie said dryly as she took a seat. 

His eyes fell on her thigh, which became more exposed as she crossed her legs and her skirt hiked up slightly.

"Well, I'm here. Talk." Stevie's voice brought Lindsey's eyes back up to meet hers. 

"I don't know, where to begin." Lindsey cleared his throat. 

They were shortly interrupted by a young girl, who had come to their table to take their order. Neither chose to eat, both ordered a black coffee.

"Then I'm not sure, why I had to meet you here." Stevie folded her arms over her chest, pushing her breasts out, which again, caught his attention. "You're such a pig."

"I'm sorry, I..." Lindsey trailed off and sighed. "I can't help that I find you attractive."

"Is this why you called? If thats the case, then I'll be on my way." Stevie was ready to leave, but Lindsey stopped her, his palm covered her hand.

"I know that I wasn't completely honest with you, Stevie. I shouldn't have invited you to my place, when I'm actually with someone." He wanted to tell her the whole truth, but he simply couldn't. "And there are so many things I wish I could tell you, but I just can't." 

"I shouldn't be the one, hearing all those things. You cheated on Lauren. You should admit to what you did and beg her forgiveness."

"I can't do that, Stevie. Not to her and not to you." Lindsey shook his head. "We were both involved."

"I wouldn't have been if I'd known. You involved me in this mess." Stevie glared at him and he didn't know, where to look, but he couldn't look at her. "I've known Lauren for many years. You selfishly jeopardized our friendship."

"I didn't know either! I didn't think that the random person, I found attractive, in some stupid bar, was a friend of my girlfriend's."

"You shouldn't even look at other women, Lindsey. You're in a committed relationship!" Several heads turned their way and Stevie lowered her voice. "You think you're God's gift. You have an amazing, beautiful woman by your side, but you somehow think that you can do better. You want to have a partner and you want to have girlfriends? That doesn't work. It shouldn't work."

"I understand that you're upset, Stevie-"

"Damn right, I'm upset." She cut him off, her chest rising and falling fast as she breathed heavily. "You don't deserve Lauren and you don't deserve me. Coming here was a mistake." Stevie said, standing up to her feet. "Clearly, you don't have anything to say to me."

"I do! Stevie, I can't stop thinking about you since that night!" Lindsey blocked her pathway and dared placing his hands on her shoulder, which she immediately shrugged off. "I can't fucking tell you, why don't you understand?"

"Well, I don't! I don't." She shrugged, shaking her head. "I'd like it if you didn't bother me again. Have a nice day, Lindsey." She said and placed her sunglasses back on the bridge of her nose, before she walked away.